« Heeseung »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

Pride.

Perhaps they love each other all along.

Or perhaps the thought of confessing meant the fall of their ego.

The girls leisurely walked out of the hall with bags in their hands and hair still damp from swimming class. Heeseung could see some bright, happy stares greeting him as he approached the hall. Smiling back was normally the thing he did for greeting back, but it meant so much for them he could hear their excited giggles as he walked past them.

"So, you're looking for me." He said, talking about a text from his bestfriend an hour before. "This is actually the first time you told me you need me." He added proudly.

"You're saying it like I'm the only one who's needing something." Y/n retorted and he let out a giggle.

She was alone, sitting on the edge of the pool, with her arms wrapped around her legs. She was still wet, wearing the same swimming outfit. Heeseung was thankful that she had a wavy long hair enough to cover her bare back, from where the silk suit had its opening.

He sat beside her, placing his coat around her shoulders.  Turning to thank him was the least she could do as he let out a reserved smile.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" He asked.

Y/n shrugged at first, looking like running out of words. "We'll be having a prom in the next two weeks." She replied.

"And?"

"I don't wanna go." She replied, causing the guy to furrow his brows, questioning. "Why, though?"

"It's just a waste of time for me. And for a girl who doesn't like crowds, what will you expect?"

Heeseung chuckled. "That doesn't seem to be a problem at all! Don't you really wanna go?"

"I don't know."

"That's stupid."

"I know, because someone already asked me to be their date."

Heeseung's eyes widened in shock. He heard her, and he couldn't understand why his insides felt instantly heavy and hot. He was trying to stop his fists from clenching.  "Someone asked her to be their partner." He thought to himself and he couldn't understand why his mind had to repeat the statement and hate it at the same time.

"Who?" Was all he could ask.

"Do you know Park Sunghoon?"

"That guy?" Of course he knew Park Sunghoon, his colleague in the dance club. And how he wanted to tell him to get rid of her, but that would be too much. He had no rights in the first place, specially that the idea of them dancing in prom shouldn't bother him.

"Yes." She replied. "I don't want to go, but I don't want to make him feel bad and think that I'm such a freak for not showing up."

"Well..." Heeseung cleared his throat. "You have a choice. You can just actually try to be his partner and make it through the night, or you can just tell him straightaway that you won't be coming in prom. It's just a matter of courage, honey." He said. His pretense went on quite well, but he couldn't deny the fact that he was still unexplainably irritated.

"But I'm afraid of making the wrong decision!' Y/n said. This time, she let her feet fall on the cold, still water.

"Oh, no, you won't. And why are you still on your swimsuit, by the way?" He asked astonishingly.

It was only then y/n grinned, harshly tapping his shoulder and immediately jumping on the pool, with water splashing on Heeseung's uniform after her fall.

"you're 'it'." She giggled, watching him sigh in defeat. But just as she thought he would simply yield, she was surprised that he stood. Firstly, he was taking off his shoes, then his socks, then finally, his uniform, until all that's left was just his trousers and tank top. Y/n felt as if she was running away from an actual horror scenario when Heeseung went into the water himself.

"And that's your fault!" Heeseung exclaimed excitedly. As he was still out of reach, y/n was trying her best to take a few steps back, driving him away by sweeping off water towards him. She then bent over and started swimming as he was finally closer, and it seemed as if they were in a world only heaven knows, and they were the only people living there.

They paddled all around the pool, going from one corner to another, with Heeseung trying to win the hunt. He seemed to hate the chase at first, and he just wished he could finally catch her pace and lock her in his arms so she knows she shouldn't mess with an 'it'.

"Faster! I'm right here!"  Y/n said provocatively, with her voice echoing all around the place. Heeseung was then quickly out of her sight.

"Hee?" She called out by the time he was supposed to reveal himself. This time, her heart pounded in worry. She stayed in the middle of the pool in hopes to see him. She knew she wasn't supposed to play anymore.  The water wasn't so deep. She was certain she heard a splashing noise, then nothing after that. But it wasn't the point. She missed to turn behind.

"Watch your back."

And as she did, she was already trapped.

Her heart skipped a beat. The last time she felt that feeling was when she missed her tests. And now, she felt it again. Except that it felt too good, not too bad.

Heeseung had both of his hands on her hips, and it felt gentle and lingering, but fragile. And she loved how careful he was.

He saw the way her arms voluntarily made their way around his shoulders, with her fingers locking the hug. She was so close to him and it felt so surreal. But she was just right in front of him, with eyes that seemed to look through his and trying to find out what was really going on inside his mind. It was another time he laid his eyes on hers, and to be able to do that thing again—felt so right to him.

There was silence, but their heartbeats seemed so loud they could fill in the place with just their sound. They stayed like that for long, and Heeseung noticed her stray hair hanging loosely against her nose and he took it and placed it behind her ear. He was struck that y/n could be so tensed but still look so 'beautiful.'

Y/n never thought it could go so slow. She wanted everything to be quick so when she knows one thing is done, then it's done. She looked at him and knew since then that she wanted him, but she was just afraid.

She slowly leaned her head on his shoulder and gave into the coldness of his skin. She could stay there and still feel secured.

"I want to be with you." She said. It came out as an easy confession, although it maimed her pride and she was terrified that it maimed her pride.

"Y/n." Heeseung muttered. Y/n waited for the rest of his words, but he was staggering, and he ended up just pulling her closer. 

----