« Jungwon »

- Royalty au -Can't tell if I'm really good at writing this sht, I just have the scenario in my head

- Royalty au -
Can't tell if I'm really good at writing this sht, I just have the scenario in my head

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

"I can't get married in this young age of mine!" y/n protested to her mother, who was sitting by the hearth, thinking it would've been easier for y/n if it was her father who tried to talk it out.

"You can't be too young for anything forever, my love." She replied as calmly as she could, watching intently as her daughter paces back and forth in the chamber , holding her temples.

"I am not a livestock that you can simply ship off to who knows where, mother! I want to be in the battlefield, not in someone else's ancestral fortress! You need to understand that!" y/n lashed out.

That's it. Her mother must have thought. You are a lady, and you are expected to behave like one. "You are here, with a noble name and a noble blood, and then you see my face. Soon you'll be wearing the same face and the same gown if you decide to make the right choice of keeping the peace between two noble houses." She replied, finally rising from her seat to refill her aged wine.

Y/n's father entered and was immediately welcomed by her tensed expression. With that, he immediately knew about his two ladies' conversation.

“I advise that you both take hold of your voices at the bottommost, or else the guests will hear you from the hall.” He said, letting out a laugh.

Turning his gaze to his lady wife, she sighed and slightly tilted her head, acting defeated as y/n refused to listen.

There she was, with her suasive, penny-brown stare. She was frowning as her father gently grabbed her hands, as if already anticipating his response.

“We need to vow our alliance with the house in the far east, little girl. The peace we're living with right now will never stay for a long time, and we need to unite for its longevity. That is what you need to understand.” He said and watched as y/n tried to hold back the tears welling in her eyes.

“But father, I want to be with you as you fight those wars. I want to be just like you! I don't want to be a lady.” y/n answered.

He cupped her cheeks and leaned closer, forming a reassuring grin. “You will, and this is the first step of gaining victory in the future wars. You are L/N Y/N, my only child, my only heiress, and I trust you to do your part. You will be safe.”

Hearing his words, she smiled bitterly and bowed, leaving the room in silence.

Midnight came, y/n fancied calling it 'the witching hours.' She was already in her room, dressed in a cream-colored nightgown weaved in silk, and with her long chocolate locks combed thoroughly. Downstairs, she could hear people chatting and drinking, the undying commotion of her family with the foreign houses.

She finally settled herself on the bed, polishing the dagger her father once gave her as a gift.

She could think of nothing else but the terror of something she wished she never knew; the betrothal. She believed she was too young to be wedded, not to mention that she was not supposed to meet with the groom of another noble house, particularly a house that her father is closest with, until their time of marriage.

She dreamed of being more ladylike once; wearing gowns with golden brocades and delicate jewelries, she believed it's what makes a person a 'lady'. But marrying a gallant lord with her age? She could barely recall the time it once got into her senses.

However, something made her snap out of her thoughts.

She stopped stropping her blade as she heard a vague noise coming from the arched doorway. She stayed still for a while until the noise got closer and clearer; footsteps.

“Honeybee?” She called out her pet wolf's name through the dark, but she remembered she was in her cage.

As she stood, aiming her dagger, a tall figure unveiled himself, holding a lantern, slightly raising his hands. Y/n immediately felt her heart race. If it was out of fear or surprise, she didn't know clearly.

But he was there, slowly walking towards her, as if there was no dagger trying to warn him. He had a pair of onyx cat eyes, his stare showing no sign of dread or hostility but decency. He was wearing a suit in which she assumed was the color of the noble family her father was talking about. In the faint darkness, she saw his bashful smile. This doesn't look like a war-minded man at all. She thought to herself as she drew a step backwards.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” He managed to speak the words casually, considering he broke into her chamber in the middle of the night.

Y/N continued to aim her dagger as he walked closer and it delicately touched his neck.

“Mother says I am not supposed to meet with my betrothed until the wedding day. But, this is me, I tend to be curious at times, so I wanted to see what you look like.” He said and deigned to hold her hand down.

Y/N looked at him from head to toe and decided he wasn't there to harm her as he didn't have a sword or a blade on his belt.

“Lord Jungwon...” she said and couldn't believe she just called his name. He was a complete stranger to her, but she couldn't lie, she felt her face blossom in red right away. “You're supposed to be downstairs, celebrating the feast.”

He shrugged, “As what I've said, I wanted to see what my bride looks like... And the rumors in your village is right, you're as beautiful as the break of dawn.”

She looked away and scoffed.

“My family disregarded all my plans of being a knight for you, but at least you look soft and harmless.” she replied, earning his endearing chuckle.

He reached for her hand, “You need not worry, my lady. I will never let the sacred vows amount to nothing. And the first step of earning your lover's heart is by befriending them. So, can you be my friend?”

Y/n hesitated for a while until eventually, she agreed.

As they heard approaching footsteps of y/n's maidens, Jungwon decided to leave immediately.

“This will remain a secret, alright?" He said and y/n nodded. "I don't want Lord (y/n's father) to find out and lock me in the dungeon."

Before he finally fled, y/n called Jungwon for the last time, holding his wrist.

"Will you be back again the next night?" She asked.

"I will, Lady Y/n." He smiled.