20.

"beomgyu. i want to talk to you." said kai, who seemed to have heard the whole conversation between taehyun and beomgyu.

beomgyu frowned, looking at kai and said, "okay. tell me."

"alone." said kai, giving a tiny smile to taehyun, who seemed equally confused as beomgyu.

beomgyu's frown grew bigger but he followed kai nonetheless.

when the both of them were finally alone, beomgyu said, "now tell me. what did you want to talk about?"

"taehyun." said kai.

beomgyu frowned. "what about it?"

kai looked at beomgyu, incredulous. "are you serious? are you that dumb?"

"what?" said beomgyu, still clueless.

"didn't you say you liked taehyun?" said kai, deciding to take another path.

beomgyu immediately put his hand on top of kai's mouth and looked around nervously. "what are you saying?"

kai frowned. "why are you getting so defensive?"

"see, it's weird to like one of my best friends, okay? anyways, why are you bringing this up? the person i like right now is soobin."

kai was tempted to say, 'stop deluding yourself and using soobin as a cover' but he decided against it.

beomgyu was the kind who wouldn't admit stuff no matter how much you pushed them. on the other hand, taehyun was quite opposite. just a little push and he would break down.

the both of them were polar opposites.

kai opened his mouth to say something, but turned and walked away in anger.

kai knew beomgyu wasn't aware about his own feelings and was just trying to protect their friendship by deluding himself about his true feelings. but was it really worth it? beomgyu was hurting taehyun so much in this process...

kai just didn't know anymore.

-----------------------------------

"soobin and jihoon! out of the class, right now!" yelled the teacher, tired of soobin and jihoon's excessive giggling.

the both of them looked at each other, giggled and walk out of the class, earning a harsh glare from the teacher.

now, why did they get kicked out again?

because they were reading, "mushroom syndrome : cum or die" in middle of chemistry class.

"bwahahaha" wheezed jihoon, clutching his stomach, standing outside the class attracting the attention from the passersby.

"hahahaha." wheezed soobin.

people looked at them, judging them hardcore. i mean, the whole corridor was quiet, classes were going on, and there was soobin and jihoon laughing in this eerie silence.

"oh soobin!" said hyunsuk, who happened to pass by.

jihoon's ear immediately perked. it was indeed hyunsuk. he frowned, however, when he noticed that hyunsuk's attention was completely on soobin.

"hey..." said soobin, awkward. he didn't like how hyunsuk was into him when his best friend liked hyunsuk.

"what are you doing here? did you get kicked out?"

"what does it look like?" said jihoon, joining in the conversation.

"...you don't have to be so rude you know." said hyunsuk, completely misunderstanding jihoon's intentions.