22

soobin was livid. not at his mom, but at himself.

why did he get angry at her like that? she didn't even do anything. what was he,a 6 year old? taking out his anger on whatever was around.

and why was he even angry? cause yeonjun just took back his confession? why should that bother him?

soobin hugged his knees, his thoughts all over the place. he wanted to talk to his mom, apologize to her but after seeing her hurt face yesterday, he just couldn't bring himself to do that.

he didn't deserve to be forgiven.

soobin heard a knock on his door. he immediately turned his head towards the door and got up to open it.

"hey soobin." said soobin's dad, standing there with breakfast in his hand.

"hey..." said soobin, looking down.

his dad sighed. "gosh, the both of you are such babies."

placing the breakfast on soobin's table, his dad said, "i know you're feeling guilty for yelling at mom but it's fine. it's okay to get angry. she's not angry at you neither am i. i mean, i'm not saying you're going to get away with this kind of behavior because that was really disrespectful, how can you speak to your own mother like that? you love the bl books you read right? who introduced them to you, be grateful..."

"thank you so much, dad!" said soobin, a bright smile on his face. "i'm going to go apologize to mom, right now."

"uhh, right. about that." said soobin's dad, looking sheepish. "she went to the weekly bl fanclub meeting. she's not here."

soobin stopped in his steps. why was he not even surprised?

"anyways, where do you think you're going?"

"well, no where. today's a saturday, i'm going to stay in and read some book, study, nothing spe--"

"DID YOU FORGET?! oh god, why is this guy so dumb?" said soobin's dad, putting his hand on his forehead.

"i'm just going to ignore that subtle insult. what are you talking about?"

"today is the trip! did you forget? now, i didn't pay that much just for you to skip."

soobin's eyes widened in realization. the school trip! how could he forget about it?

"what's the time?" asked soobin. shit, he didn't even pack.

"7:32." replied his dad.

crap. he had to leave his house at exactly 8:00, cause the buses would leave at 8:15, and his house is 15 minutes away by cycle.

"dad! quick, help me pack." said soobin, opening his suitcase.

his dad hurriedly got up, trying to help his son.

soobin hurriedly chucked whatever he saw in front of his eyes. does he even need his furry earmuffs? no, but in a hurry, he chucked whatever he saw.

"soobin, do you need a curler?" asked his dad, looking through his drawers.

"do i look like i need curlers for my school trip?"

"okay, okay. headphones?"

"nope, i'll take earphones." replied soobin.

"any books?"

"yeah, take that one from the top shelf. it looks new, got one guy surrounded by four guys and is titled, 'boys love'. i didn't really get the chance to read it."

"okay, done."

soobin looked at his suitcase and his eyes widened in horror.

"Dad!"