No Time in the Weekend

Jess POV

It was the weekend and I was going out. Ella was grounded and everything was great. I scrummaged through my chest of drawers and picked out my outfit; a dark green top with black jeans. I slipped on my converses and headed down to the kitchen. My mobile beeped suddenly but I knew it was Dash.

'Want to hang out today? x'

It's not that I didn't want to hang out with Dash, it's just that I was going to hang out with Brad instead and Dash doesn't seem to like him. I don't know why. I sat down in the kitchen with Ella who was staring at her thumbs.

"Jess, please can I borrow your phone for like 1 sec?"

"Sure," I said.

I handed her my phone.

"1," I shouted and my phone flew back into my hand.

"Hey," she yelped.

"Hey what, you're grounded not me and besides I going out in a minute."

Ella stormed out the room.

Dash and I were fine after last week's incident. In fact, when his parents came home we were sat there reading a book to Jack-Jack and looked perfectly innocent like nothing had happened. Our parents were so proud yet so angry with Ella and Violet for leaving us alone to look after Jack-Jack. So in the end, it was a win-win situation. They got grounded for the weekend and we got all  the attention.

I texted Brad that he should meet me at the park in 10 minutes as I prepared my small bag and set off.

***

Helen POV

"Jack-Jack! We are going soon," I had spoken to Honey and we decided to go to the park and let Demi and Jack-Jack have a play date.

Jack-Jack came scurrying into the kitchen and jumped in excitement.

"We're going to the park, we're going to the park!" he yelled.

Bob came in and lifted Jack-Jack in the air.

"Is that right little man!" he said. He threw Jack-Jack up again, which caused him to let out a high pitched scream.

"Bob, how many times. One day you are going to drop that boy."

"Well let's hope it isn't today then," Bob replied as he gave me a quick peck on the cheek and gently put Jack-Jack down.

"Love you Bob."

"Love you too."

Violet came shuffling in.

"How's Tony?" I asked her.

"How would I know, you took my phone remember?"

"Well, he was unconscious for quite some time. The doctor said he would be fine but he asked for you Violet," I said.

Violet Blushed. "Well he should be, I saved his life and dad you nearly gave away who we are."

"Violet, I thought you were dead. I was worried. Plus, I think I covered it up very well. I took Tony to the hospital changed before anyone could see me and took you home like a normal dad. Anyway, it was your mother who kept saying Bob!"

"No, I didn't, I was very professional actually. Now come on, let us forget about that, we need to move on," I protested.

"But we still don't know who set those bombs off. Who in their right mind would do that at a kids party?" Bob stated.

"Bob!"

"Alright, alright we will leave it to the police but whoever did it could have killed my baby girl. Thank goodness you did what you did."