It's Up to Me

Bob POV

I had no time to lose. If no one would believe me, I would need to get some proof. I waited until everyone had left the house and went to SloMo's press conference which was happening downtown. I decided that I would follow him once he had finished.

When people started cheering I assumed it was over. I waited in my car and watched him carefully as he got in his. I trailed behind him making sure he couldn't detect that someone was following him. Was I really going to find out where he lived? I was determined to get some piece of evidence to show everyone that he was involved in the bombings. He made a sharp turn down an alleyway and stopped. I carefully crept the car a couple of meters behind and stopped. I waited for his next actions. Nothing happened for a while.

Just then a vehicle pulled up behind me. From what I remembered, 10 guys came out of the vehicle and went for me. I quickly got out of my car and prepared for what was to come. There were too many of them but I knocked out as many people as I could. A sudden jolt of electricity rushed up my spine and I buckled to the floor. I heard the car door slam from the distance and out came SloMo. His boots were the only things I could see as I was on the floor.

"Hello Bob," he sneered.

"I see you're in a bit of a pickle."

"Let me go!" I wheezed.

"Why would I do that! You followed me and tried to ruin our plans so no I will not let you go, in fact, I will take you somewhere and then I will teach you a lesson to not get involved in other people's business."

I tried to get up but someone beat me down.

"Take Mr. Incredible away. Then go to this address and take his son Jack-Jack I believe."

He knew I was Mr. Incredible and what's worse he was going to take Jack-Jack. I struggled as I was dragged into darkness and locked up.

Helen POV

I got out of the car and went to join the other parents as I waited for Jack-Jack. Honey was there waiting for Demi so I went over to her.

"Hi Honey. How are you?"

"Well I'm fine. How's Bob he didn't really feel himself yesterday?"

"Yesterday? What do you mean?"

"He came round yesterday having a shout down with Lucius."

I was so shocked. Bob never told me but then again he came back really late last night.

The doors had opened and all the parents scrambled in. Children were delighted at the sight of their parents. I looked around for Jack-Jack who would be surprisingly happy to see me but for some reason he wasn't there.

I went up to Mrs. Tootie who was Jack-Jack's teacher.

"Helen did Jack-Jack forget something?"

"What?" I said. I was so confused.

"Did Jack-Jack forget something?"

"What do you mean. I'm here to pick him up."

"He was picked up earlier on."

"Oh," I said. Bob must have picked him up. I said goodbye to Honey and Demi and left for home.

I sang in the car on the way home. Bob probably took him out somewhere. 

Violet's shoes were spread across the entrance mat. "Violet come and put away your shoes," I yelled.

Seconds later Violet came down.

"Your dad in with Jack-Jack?"

"No mom, I haven't seen dad yet."

"This morning I wasn't too happy with your behaviour young lady."

I checked my phone but Bob hadn't called or messaged me. I went into the kitchen to make a start on dinner.