Move Aside

Lucius POV

It was 7 am and if I was finally allowing my girls to fight then I needed them to be prepared. I went into Demi's room first. She was fast asleep. Even though I signed Demi up as well as the girls, she wasn't old enough to fight yet. She was such an angel. I couldn't believe why someone would take my baby girl. I silently closed her door and approached Jess's room.

"Jess time to wake up!"

Jess groaned.

"What do you mean church isn't until later," Jess mumbled.

"I know but I want you to wake up now and join me downstairs in 2 minutes. Let's go."

I drew her curtains and a bright streak of light lit up her room. I then moved onto Ella's.

"Ella wake up please."

Ella, like Jess, was groaning from under her covers.

"Dad why. I'm trying to sleep."

"No wake-up and join me downstairs in 2 minutes"

"2 minutes I can't get ready in 2 minutes"

"It's now 1 minute. Get a move on"

I shut the door behind me and waited in the living room. Bob had messaged me asking if I wanted to go bowling today. I messaged him back saying that I was spending time with my girls.

Minutes later Jess and Ella trudged down the stairs.

"You guys have already failed the first task."

"What task?" Ella yawned.

"Time management. I said be down here in two and you took let's see" I looked at my watch.

"17 minutes and 36 seconds and you're still not dressed."

"Dad what are you talking about?" Ella asked.

"Time is precious. Every second counts when you are a superhero."

"A superhero," Jess repeated. There was a long pause and I think Jess had finally figured it out.

"We get to be supers,"

I nodded and moved aside to reveal Jess's costumes.

"You're mother didn't want you to have it just yet but I told her that you will apologize and make her breakfast later."

"But dad."

I struck Jess a look.

Jess stopped complaining and took her suit.

"Ella go and get yours and this time, I'm giving you two another 2 minutes to wear your suits and be in the garden now go!"

The children scurried off as I went outside. This time, the girls came down in 1 minute and 23 seconds. Well, Jess was quicker but they were ready.

The garden outside had been transformed into a training base. I guided the girls to the first station.

"Jess and Ella. You girls have powers that could potentially be better than mine."

Ella and Jess giggled.

"Now with great power comes"

"High-speed web service," Ella interrupted. "I can watch like loads of videos without the silly buffering thing."

"No Ella. With great power comes"

"A great source of renewable and nonrenewable energy which help source our daily needs such as gas, water and electricity."