46

CAPTION

"How have you been?"

I still can't believe that after how many years, we see each other again. I can tell that there are a lot of changes in him. He got more handsome now and his body is sort of bigger now because of the muscles he gained from working out. Only his monolid eyes didn't change.

"I'm okay," I shortly answered, I don't even know if it's the truth. I think I am.

"I'm sorry for leaving you in a sudden," he said, licking his lower lip.

"It's okay. The situation back then was understandable," I assured him.

"It was never been understandable, Se. I didn't even explain everything to you." Bakas sa boses niya ang sakit. "I don't know if this reason was acceptable to you but..." he trailed off and looks at me painfully.

"Go on. I will listen." I smiled.

"Nagka-dengue breakout kasi roon sa probinsya namin. Maraming mga bata ang nagkakasakit. Dinala sila sa hospital pero walang pambayad 'yong mga magulang nila. They asked for help from me. Back then, my income is not that big from YouTube. May pina-aaral pa 'kong college at high school. Hindi kaya ng sahod ko pasanin 'yon lahat." His voice broke. "So I came up with a plan on collaboration with Jaughnella. I thought of making her my girlfriend just for the content would make me gain a bigger income. I also thought of showing you to them as my girlfriend for my content... but," he sobs.

Tinapik ko ang likod niya. Nanggilid na rin ang luha ko habang tinitignan siyang umiiyak at nahihirapang sabihin ang dahilan. Pinunasan niya ang luha niya.

"But I just can't use you just for my content. I love you more than that. I don't dare to use you, and at the same time, I don't want you to have bashers because of me," he continued.

After how many years of searching for answers to how could he do those things to me, I finally knew the answer. I didn't know he suffered a lot too. I gave him tissue for him to wipe it to his tears.

"But I didn't know that you'd still have bashers after I left you." He reached for my hand and held it. "Most of all, I'm sorry if I choose to left you because I thought that if I'd stay, I'll just keep on hurting you."

"It's okay," I looked at him assuringly with a smile despite the tear that fell. "Still, the situation is understandable."

"I'm sorry," he said.

I shook my head. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry because I wasn't able to wait for you anymore. I'm sorry because I thought I'm the only one who suffered a lot."

It hurt seeing how the hope in his eyes faded. A new wave of tears began to pool in his eyes which made my heart hurt more.

"Sa totoo lang, hinintay kita, Klaus. Hinintay kita," I sob. "Pero hindi ko sinasadyang sa kalagitnaan ng paghihintay ko..." Halos hindi ko na matuloy-tuloy ang pagsasalita dahil sa hikbi ko. "Nagising na lang ako isang araw, ayos na ako. Nagising na lang ako isang araw, hindi na ako nasasaktan pa sa nangyari."

"Seah," he called me, holding my hand.

"I just woke up one day... I felt okay already," I said almost like a whisper. "I just woke up one day... in love with someone who gave me peace," I said, crying.

"Seah, look at me." He held my chin and bring my gaze to him. "It's really okay, love." He gave me an assuring smile albeit his tears are falling.