04

TAXI

I stood up from sitting in her bed cautiously. I took a deep breath and looked back to her bed before closing her door. I leaned against her door and tears started to escape in my eyes. I close my eyes emphatically as I felt a stab in my chest. I gritted my teeth and tried to calm myself. I have to calm myself first before texting the asshole Vico.

There are so many questions running inside my head. Did Vico know about this? If he does, then why didn't he tell me? As a boy best friend, did Vico agreed with the decision of my sister about going back to her ex? That time when I said that Maui will be soon my brother-in-law and Vico laughed at it. Did he know that Ate's boyfriend at that time was Ard?

Oh, damn it!

I wiped my tears when I heard the helpers in a panic that dad is home. I went to my room immediately. I can't let my father see me crying. He might kill Ard if he knows that man cheated on my sister's uncountable times. Losing my grip, my hand trembles as I searched for Vico's number in my phone. I was about to type a message to him when my phone suddenly rang for a call from... Klaus. My lips parted and I wiped my tears. I cleared my throat first before answering his call.

"Seah?" He asked me in the other line softly.

"Yeah? Napatawag ka?" Hindi agad siya nakasagot. A couple of minutes passed before he speaks.

"Are you crying?" The worry in his voice didn't go unnoticed.

I swallowed hard and shook my head as if he can see it. "I-I'm not." I chuckled to lighten his worries.

"Mag-online ka sa Facebook. Let's do a video call," he said and his line went dead after.

I blinked there several times. I went to my vanity table and get a piece of facial tissue there. I was still wiping it in my face when my messenger rang for a VC and from... yeah... Klaus.

"H-hi, I'm doing skincare here. Hehe."

I was looking for a word when I accidentally answered it. So he did see me being busy wiping my face. I don't know but that's the only words that came out from my mouth.  He sighed and gazed at me from the screen intently. He let out a deep exhalation.

"Bakit ka umiiyak?" He suddenly asked.

I chuckled and shook my head. "I'm not crying." I chuckled again.

"Your eyes are red the same goes to your nose? Ano 'yan? Allergic ka sa facial tissue mo?" He scoffed and shook his head.

My face flushed. I glance at myself in the mirror of my vanity table. Geez, he's right! My eyes and nose are red. I think I have no way to escape from this. I took a deep breath and started to tell him what happened. My heart's do jump every time I met his gaze from the screen, so what I did is to avoid his gaze. I stopped talking and curled my tongue inside my mouth.

"Pagkatapos no'ng break nila? Nagkabalikan sila agad?" He asked me after I stopped talking.