03

CHEATED

We both stayed quiet during the ride. None of us dares to speak first. I busied myself by looking outside through his car's window. My phone rang, breaking the silence we had inside his car. My sister's name flashed on the screen. I answered it.

"H-hello," she said in the other line.

"Hello, where are you?" I asked, looking at the railway.

"Nasa bahay na ako. Hindi pala pumunta si Klaus dito? Sorry. Akala ko kasi pupunta siya. He chatted me last night, asking for permission to visit here."

I stiffened. My lips parted. Klaus chatted with my sister last night?

"Yeah. But it's okay. Next time nalang." I smiled as if she can see it.

"Ikaw? Nasaan ka?"

"Uh... I'm on my way to Fe's house."

"Huh? Nag taxi ka?"

"N-no. I'm with... uh... Vico." Unintentionally, my eyes glanced at Vico. His eyes are still on the road. But his lips say otherwise. There's a ghost of a smile on it. I don't know what for. I looked away.

"Sinundo ka niya rito sa bahay? Mabuti naman at sumakay ka. Huwag kang tumalon, a'?" She quirks.

"No, I won't." I giggled. "So... I'll call you later, okay?"

"Yeah. Enjoy! I love you."

"Thanks. I love you."

She ended the call after that. My spirit almost left my body when Vico stepped in his acceleration to his fastest way. I gritted my teeth to stop myself from yelling at him. But when we almost collided against a jeepney, I lose my grip.

"What the hell, Viscount?! Are you in a hurry?! If you are, then you shouldn't have come to my house to pick up me! I didn't ask you either." I yelled. I saw how his jaw tenses before he pursed his lips. He didn't take even a single glance at me. His eyes stay on the road and he still stepped the acceleration to his fastest way.

Nauna siyang bumaba sa kotse niya. Habang ako, nasa loob pa. Abala sa pag-a-unbuckle ng seatbelt. I was about to reach for the door's handle when he opened it.

"Go to my sister's room. I'll be the one to carry your luggage in the guest room." He coldly said.

Still mad at him, I did what he said. I stepped out of his car, gritted my teeth. I went upstairs and knock on Fe's bedroom door. Fe with her heart printed cami top and shorts opens her door. Her hair is sort of messy. She looks like she just woke up. Nakonsensya tuloy ako dahil nagising ko siya.

"Kuya, anong oras na hindi mo pa sinundo-" she stopped talking when she realized it was me standing in front of her. Her eyes broadened and a smile slowly formed on her lips. She pulled me and hugged me tightly. "Akala ko si Kuya!" Natatawa niyang sabi.

"Are you trying to say that I looked like a man now?" I quirk in our hug.

She loosened up from our hug. She opens her door widely, inviting me to go inside. "Ay... saan mo gusto mag-usap? Gutom ka ba? Merienda muna tayo sa baba." She panicked a bit, just like her every reaction whenever I'm in their house.