~1. Long time no see...~

[Edited April 18th]

Overcoming almost half a year of filming, giving interviews and today's premier I was granted a break. The sum of events piling up on my schedule the previous months if not years had been starting to take a toll on me. Little time for myself was not particularly problematic in my eyes, though not seeing my mom had its impact. The cast of the last filmed series has been relatively pleasant to be around. I have no actual reason to complain, hence I've worked with difficult people in the past, yet also with better ones. Yes, perhaps I was a prick for saying so, but I didn't have to like everyone I come across and vice versa.

Being a child actor meant working ever since one can remember. Fortunately, however, I got to enjoy my teenage years and had my breakthrough after high school. Considering I have not taken a real break ever since, I guess I was rightfully so to admit exhaustion was getting to me. Physical and mental exhaustion alike.

I opened the door to my hotel room, threw my card onto the table and pealed myself out of the dress. It was a dread. Cool tiles kissed my bare feet.

A vague glimpse into the mirror didn't help me to think any better of myself. The makeup still appearing as if freshly applied, seconds ago. However, not even the best makeup could conceal my tiredness. My expressions.
It didn't take long to get ready for bed. Those soft and silky sheets I've been dreaming about ever since I woke up this morning. Snuggled into the blanket and ready to drift off into a hopefully peaceful sleep, my eyes fluttered close. Immediate calmness washed over my being. Then, only a couple of seconds later, my phone vibrated.

This was a joke, right?

"What an honor, Ms Anderson. How may I help you around this time?" I asked my mom in a hoarse voice and glared at her across the screen.

A smile danced over her lips, but she picked up on my mood. Hiding shit from her has always been a weakness of mine. Something is off and she knew it. Could anyone ever hide anything from their mom? I believe they always sense the case of something being off.

"Well, I was wondering, if you'd like to visit..? Maybe, tomorrow?" Her hand brushed through her blonde, messy hair.

With her pointer she pushed the black glasses of hers up her nose again. Blue eyes shining through a blonde strand of hair, while she grinned smoothly.

"I would like that a lot, mom." I smiled weakly and attempted to keep my eyes open.

"Oh, baby, please go to sleep. You look horrible." The blonde woman behind my screen chuckled cheekily.

"Oh? You're so kind, tonight." I rolled my eyes. She hated it when I did so as a kid. At least I still had a way to get on her nerves.

"Okay, I love you my baby." At her possessiveness I rolled my eyes, once again.

"I love you too, Gillian." I teased her, knowing she wouldn't like the way I use her name instead of mom. Gillian Anderson, I'd call her whenever she was using my full name when in trouble. It usually ended in either a heated discussion or laughter.

We hung up and I turned my phone into do not disturb mode. This would ensure some peaceful slumber. Perhaps I should be doing it more often, but being available was kind of a must.

The next morning, my alarm ripped me out of my slumber. Too early, I thought. "Way too fucking early!" I said, groaning into the pillow, the sound of my voice muted. Faint noises reach my ears and my eyes crack open.

But I will be visiting mom, I reminded myself. It's nearly been eight months, since I last hugged her and I miss my mama. Always have been and forever will be a mama's girl.