~40. No secret from her...~

The past week passed really quick. Dashiel went to school and came home every day to tell Cate and me about every lesson and break. It was a lot, but we loved it.

Right in this moment we arrived at the doctor and fuck me I am nervous. As if I am a small kid who's first doctor's appointment is today.

Hand in hand Cate and I entered the building.

"Imagine the weird looks, people would have on their faces when I had actually one half of my hair colored black and the other white." I snorted out.

"God, don't you even dare think about it!" The woman warned me laughing.

"Oh I think I should do that for our wedding."

"I'd turn around and leave you alone, Cruella." Cate spoke.

"As if." I scoffed and pulled the door open.

She walked through it and whispered, "You know I would never do that, cause I love you."

The both of us went to register real quick, before sitting down in the waiting area. About five women sit in here with us and not everyone seems too keen to be here. One of the more joyful ones, has a huge baby bump, which she caresses gently. At the sight, something fluttered inside of me. A tiny smile creeped onto my lips. The man next to her grinned. I would say it's his first baby. There's something about his face that tells me it's his first.

"Mrs. Smith-" A woman called out for someone and the one with the big belly stood up, with some help of her boyfriend? Husband? Best friend? Who ever he is.

Both left and Cate placed her hand on my thigh, making me twitch my gaze.

I look into her smiling face. Her blue eyes shine, magically.

"How are you even more excited?" I cooed into her ear, earning a soft chuckle.

"Cause I just am." The woman said and placed a little peck on my cheek.

"Ms Anderson–" The same woman called out for me this time.

Within a minute, Cate and I found ourselves sitting in one of the examination rooms. We've been inside here the last times as well. The light pinkish colored walls make the room appear warm and well more comforting.

Dr. Turner, the gyn doctor, who went with us through the past months, just walked in with a bright smile.

"Nice to see you two again. How are you feeling?" She addressed me.

"Well, a little nervous maybe, but fine, thanks." I smiled politely.

The red headed woman grinned, "That's perfectly fine. Well let us wrap this up quickly. Free yourself down waist and hop on here." The redhead tapped the exam table.

I nodded and went behind the curtains to get out of my pants.

"How did the cooking recipe turn out?" Dr. Turner asked Cate, whilst I slipped out of my shoes and pants.

"Good, actually. The pasta was amazing." Cate answered. "Someone here, couldn't get enough of it." She laughed.

"What! It was just so good!" I defended myself and placed my folded clothes on a chair, after wrapping one of the thin blankets around me, to cover up.

On the bed I feel rather strange. I don't feel cold or exposed, cause the mood is really calm and even warm, since the light was dimmed down, however I feel a little weird anyway. My legs are bend and slightly parted, to give the doc space. Cate sits on a stool next to me and reached for my hand, placing it in hers.