~21.The date and unlocked memories...~

Tw: smut and blood

It wasn't even a minute ago that we sat down in our little booth and now a waitress already approached us with the menus and a polite expression.

"I'll be your waitress for tonight. So, if you need anything, don't hesitate to call for me." The brunette explained to us in a calm way.

With my eyes I searched for her little name tag, finding it very quick when she lowered her hands.

"Lauren," the woman said, realizing I was looking for her name.

"Thanks, Lauren," Cate spoke, smirking lightly and a slight blush spread over the brunette's cheeks.

Blush? Was she a school girl? I played with my fingers, jaw clenched. Was that jealousy I'm sensing here? No. No way. I was not jealous. Never have I been jealous. There's no one out there making me jealous. But here I was.

The blonde waited a moment until Lauren was gone to intertwined her fingers. Elbows placed on the table and her chin on top of her hands. "You look beautiful, darling."

I really expected a comment about Lauren, but this. A light shade of red covered my cheeks and I bit my lip to oppress my smile a little. "So do you."

Never ever would I get tired of her complimenting me.

"Let's see what they have to offer here." I nodded still smiling, whilst opening the menu.

It was hard deciding what I wanted, but eventually I stuck with something I enjoyed to eat a hundred percent. Mostly any kind of pasta. Literally. Pasta was superior.

Cate ordered a steak and some very fancy sounding things and one of that was our wine, as I assumed or at least hoped.

Not that I required wine or alcohol for that matter, but it was just adding to the mood and I loved seeing a glass of wine in between the blonde's fingers. It was nothing new that she could do literally anything and look stunning.

Jesus, her hands were a godsend. They did god's work...

"What's on your mind?" Cate suddenly spoke and I was kicked out of my trance, jumping a little off my chair.

"Do you really want to know?" I giggled, knowing very well she wanted to and what I was about to say, would be honest. However I was going to earn a kick underneath the table most likely.

With an affirmative nod from Cate, I smirked and parted my lips.

"Your masterpiece of hands." I whispered and her eyes didn't show shock. There was something else. Underneath the table I felt her foot brush against my leg. No kick, as I expected it. "I already love this night." I whispered and the blonde flashed a smirk, obviously thinking the same thing as I did.

"So do I."

The next moment Lauren brought us our drinks, forcing us to lift our gazes and I was right, Cate ordered a red wine for us. In a swift move, the waitress poured the red liquid into the glasses.

The next twenty minutes Cate and I exchanged sweet and even teasing glares. And the moment she grabbed her glass, the way her fingers so gently and elegantly wrapped around it put me into her spell. My eyes were glued onto the scene and Cate knew that. This woman knew it and she loved it. The attention, I mean. I loved giving her the attention, although I had no real control over my reaction.

I would never mind admiring anything about Cate Blanchett. The woman I loved most. That one person, who showed me what true love meant and what good sex was. Great sex. Great isn't even the right word. It was phenomenal.