~26. Bad news..~

Tw:trauma, mention of death

The dripping sound of water filled the silence I was caught up in for what felt like forever.
Second, after second added a new noise itself to my sound-scenery. It grew noisy, but...not like I am in the streets of New York, rather like I am in school and I'm zoned out. The sounds are muffled and so strange.

It is dark, nearly as if I am hiding inside a room on a party, simply because it sucks. Too many people are there and only to get waisted and maybe fuck someone.

Am I at a party?! Whoa. No, I can't be.

Fuck this god damn headache.

Another moment passed before I realized my eyes were closed and that was the reason everything was black. Slowly I dare to open my eyes, revealing a blurred sight onto... a light curtain? Huh?

What in the actual fuck?

A few blinks later, the view cleared and I finally understood where I was.

The hospital.

What even happened? I was just on a date and came home... Tom. TOM!

In a rush I attempt to swing my legs out of this bed, only to reveal my right leg wrapped up in a bandage, but this time a real one, not a towel or the sleeve of my blouse.

It felt even clean. Well I felt clean. However this robe is not quite nice.

Suddenly someone gasped out and I turned my head to my left, catching sight of a blonde woman.

"Mom." I breathed out.

"My darling!" My mom squealed and immediately jumped out of her chair and embraced me tightly.

"Mom, I can't breathe." I chuckled softly.

"I don't care. I won't ever let you go." She sobbed and my heart sunk.

"Mom..." I sighed. "I'm okay."

"Oh my god! You are not okay Beatrix! Nothing about this is okay! Tomas was about to kill you!-" and at that mention she has lost it.

Tears fell onto my shoulders and my mom's arms tightened once again around me. I hugged her back and placed my head onto her shoulder, as a breath slipped out of my lips.

"I know mom, I know..." I whispered and stroked her back to soothe her a little.

Every time, I see my mom like this, crying, something inside of me breaks as well and makes me tear up, but this time I didn't cry.
There isn't anything making me sad in particular. I was numb.
Wow, now I sound like a bitch.

Talking of that, I hope Tom gets some serious help. I don't know why, but somehow I feel sorry for him. What must have happened to him, that he turned out like that?

"You shouldn't be the one comforting anyone." My mama stated and pulled away, after what felt like hours.

I look into her blue eyes, which are now red all around and puffy, during her crying.

"I don't mind it." I dried her cheeks with my thumbs and a smile appeared on her mouth. "Please stop crying, I'm here and I'm alive."

"I was so worried, when I got the call." She spoke, while knitting her brows.

Only then, I realized that it has been the second time in like two months? my mom got a call, where someone tells her I'm in hospital. Talking about that, where is Cate?

"Is Cate okay?" I ask with a frown.

Her eyes look into the upper right corner for a moment, before answering my question.
"She's with.. someone." The pause in between made me suspicious.