~19. My family.~

Back home, Cate ran a bath for Dash, since he had sand all over him. Only the thought about having sand underneath me, made me wanna take a shower. Just ew. As a kid, I absolutely loved paying in the sand and I didn't give a single fuck about it. My mom complained about it quite often and I never understood why, however I do it now. Everywhere in the house was sand, so my mom had a good point. However, she usually had a point.

In the mean time, I prepared lunch, which happened to be fries and chicken nuggets. As promised. Cate rolled her eyes on me, as I told her Dash and I would like to eat it, but she agreed anyway. She would want to see us  happy, I gathered.

"Baby, we can't eat fast food every second day." Cate approached me from behind, as I stood at the stove.

Warm hands found their way around my waist, each sliding down my hip softly drawing circles.

"I know, but I had to say something to lift Dash's mood, because he felt uncomfortable." I replied and continued moving the pan, while trying to not melt into her touch.

"At least you know what makes him happy," she cooed into my ear.

"It seems like." I chuckled. "He called me mama," I whispered and the beam returned to my lips.

I felt the same smile on her lips, as her mouth was pressed onto the back of my shoulder.

"I'm glad you two get along. The two most important people in my life, like each other, that's the best day." She spoke and placed peppering kisses onto my shoulder blade.

"It was indeed a beautiful day."

The food was done and just on time, Dash yelled out for someone to get him out of the tub. We exchanged looks and decided, that Cate would get the boy out of the bathroom and I would place the dishes in the dining room.

Short after, my girlfriend had walked into the bathroom, Dash ran into the dining room. A lime green dinosaur themed bathrobe wrapped around the small boy. The hood was on his head and two eyes were sewed on it, popping up from the hood. Little triangles were on the back, imitating the spikes on a dinosaur.

"We have dino nuggets, buddy." I wiggled my brows and he beamed from ear to ear, making big eyes.

"Whoa!" He bawled and took a seat on his regular chair, jumping on the spot.

My favourite blonde walked in, taking a seat opposite of me and next to Dash. I followed every movement of hers. Teh way her arm stretched out. Even when she picked up a chicken nugget, it looked somehow like the most elegant thing in the world. And her hands...

"Mama, can you give me this, please?" Dash asked and I put two nuggets on his plate, same as fries and even a bit vegetables, of course without broccoli. While I did that, I had a huge smile on my face.

To Cate's and my surprise, he didn't try to argue about eating the vegetables. The little man was honestly such an angle today. Seriously, I could not say it often enough, but this day was incredible. Of course I was aware that those days are not usually that often, but when we experienced them we should enjoy every second. Taking in every last drip of that happiness and good memories, for the rougher times. And hell did I know, they would come. That's what always happened. Once you received something or someone good, it would be taken from you or they left.

Nothing lasted forever. In fact, everything good came to an end, as far as I knew and I was not ready for it. This will tear me apart and I was not sure I'll make it through.

Nevertheless, the good part of my life still had not ended and I would try to hold onto it for my life. I will hold onto this family.

The rest of the evening we all spent playing UNO and Lego, until we physically couldn't take it anymore. Cate had prepared a small dinner and thankfully we all ate instead of playing another round of card games. Dash once again ate some vegetables, without complaining and we chatted a little about the upcoming weeks.