~36. Christmas Dinner And David...~

Tw: homophobia

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. This man does not deserves to ruin my Christmas...

With a furrowed brow I stepped next to Cate, who already stood with Dash in front of the door. She wears a decent wine colored blouse, a creamy pair of pleated trousers, simple matching shoes and obviously her golden jewelry. The blonde has a calming smile plastered upon her lips, which made me grin weakly.

Since Cate mentioned to me, I should consider going to have dinner with David and my mom, I kept thinking about it. I honestly did, which is not even a surprise anymore. Ever since the blonde woman stepped into my life she could change my mind or make me see the world a little differently.

I take a deep breath of warm air, before ringing the doorbell twice. Inside are footsteps approaching the front door in an instance.

The door opened and revealed the blonde woman, whom I haven't seen in a few weeks. My mom, greets all of us with open arms and the biggest smile.

She hugged Cate at first and then kneeled down to Dash. "You're getting bigger and bigger!" My mom gasped out and swished through his blonde hair, which earned a cheerful giggle from the little boy.

Lastly, the woman embraced me ever so tightly, as if she wouldn't ever want to let go again.

"Mom I can't breathe." I chuckled and she hugged me even tighter, before pulling back and cupping my cheeks.

"And you have to stop becoming prettier!" She spoke and placed a million kisses all over my face.

"Mom, stop! Can we just go inside?" I giggled and pulled back.

"Fine, fine." My mom said and let us all enter.

Clinking and chinking of dishes came form the kitchen, I suppose. Angelina is the cook, then. Well it smells heavenly. This woman is talented.

Cate and Dash followed my mom, whilst I made my way into the direction of the noises. Short after I turned into the kitchen, where I caught the brunette standing at the middle island, cutting something. Her hair is pinned up and a black cooking apron is knotted around her waist. I catch a small decorative dark green Christmas tree standing in the middle of the island.

The first few seconds Angelina didn't even realize my presence, which was sort of funny, cause she seemed really focused. Eventually I decided to part my lips and speak.

"Merry Christmas, Miss Jolie." I chuckled and saw the other woman jump in fright.

Her hand flung to her chest, "You're just as evil as your mom." The brunette smiled.

"I got it from my momma, I guess." I spoke.

"Merry Christmas to you though. How have you been?" She asked joyfully and stopped the chopping for the moment.

"Good. My knee is better. What about you?" I walked to the island and sat down on a stool opposite.

"Well that's nice to hear. Me too. Gillian and I traveled the last month a lot, so we're only ever really home now." She explained and lowered the knife to continue cutting again.

"Right, she told me you've been traveling." I smiled.

"Gillian barely put her phone down, of course she was talking to you." Angelina giggled.

Now that's a surprise. I didn't think she'd be on her phone all the time, but now as I think about it, my mom always resplied immediately when I texted or called her.

"She loves you more than anything, that would even a blind one see, but honestly you are a beautiful child and everyone should be more than happy to call you their daughter." The brunette spoke and I melted at her words.