~48. The Beach Day.~

*Bea's POV*

We are counting march twenty seven and my mom hadn't felt better in a long time. Now this sounds like I'm writing a diary, which I do not.

Honestly, it is as if my mom's health is somehow connected to mine. Cause since she is feeling stable, I do too. These past months... oh boy. I was horrible. My behavior was actually, not me necessarily.

That night on Christmas Eve, when I broke down in Cate's arms, it had gotten all too much. It was the first day my mom was home and I felt horrible for behaving the way I did and about the fact that I will loose the only person who has always supported me... I hadn't felt the way I did in a very long time. I was feeling depressed... and I had no energy to hide it any longer. Only in my teenage years I felt quite similarly, yet I had other reasons back then, than this time.

However... the past months we decided to do everything we ever wanted to do. So, including my mom and Angelina, of course, we went through that checklist. At least we did what was realistic. Traveling the world or visiting Meryl Streep, was quite... impossible. So We decided visiting a few places, for instance a quarter of California's museums was relaxing. (So it felt at least) No one actually liked it, but it was fun. The time we spent together was very enjoyable. Even though I had less energy with every passing week, due to my pregnancy, it still was nice. Thirty-eight weeks and six days...

"When are we there???" Dash's voice called through the car, form behind.

Cate chuckled, "If I told you a minute ago we would arrive in five minutes, how long do we need now?"

The boy in the back got quiet for a brief moment. "Four."

"Exactly."

"But it's really warm... I wanna go into the water!" Dash complained.

"Four minutes." Cate spoke and glimpsed over to me, with a smile on her lips.

Her hand squeezed my thigh and I grinned back at her.

Considering the fact we are in march, it truly is hot. Last year around that time it surely wasn't this hot. Well, we were on vacation around that time, but you only need to check it up on google. Anyway. The plan was to go to the beach for the last time with a baby bump. It is harder for me to get things done and the sun is not very much helpful. Gosh, I have been sweating like hell. In addition my belly sunk about a day ago and there's this uncomfortable pulling...

My eyes found the red car of my mom next to us, when Cate parked our car in a parking lot near an almost empty beach. I assume my mom and Angelina are the ones that sit already at the beach, with the parasols.

"Finally!" Dash groaned out and sprinted out of the car, with his things in hands.

"Someone is eager to get into the water." The blonde smiled softly.

I nodded. "Seems like at least one of us is still able to run."

Cate rose an eyebrow. "You think I can't run anymore?"

My gaze found hers. "Actually I just meant myself, but if I'm thinking about it..." I laughed out.

"I'll prove you how fit I am!"

She unbuckled her seatbelt and soon we both found ourselves walking through the sand. I —well actually it was Cate who took off my shoes. The warm little stones of sand crunched underneath my feet. Cate hold my hand, whilst she carried our bags towards the place my mom, Angelina and now Dashiel are.

With bright smiles of everyone's faces, we were greeted. It was a very joyful moment. We all hugged one another, subsequently Cate placed our towels on the ground. Mine was all the way in the shadow of the parasol, whilst Cate's was only half way in the shadow. It was actually quite pleasant to lay in the shadow. Even though I needed a bit of time to get to the ground.