~16. My love..~

Is it just me or does everyone remember the first time, they've been believing so much they were able to control things with their own mind that the thought of being something supernatural occurred?

Well, the first time that happened to me was when I was six years old and about to go to my first day of school the next morning. So, I shut my eyes close in bed and pretend to whisper some sort of spell, as if it would work.

What I wished for, you may ask? I wished to make friends.

What a basic wish, I know, I know, but friends are the ones you need in life the most. Friends are the family you choose. Here I am once again making a wish. The first step away from the house was made.

As if my wish was heard, a little boy's voice squealed."Bea!"

My breath hitched and a small smile appeared on my lips, while I turned around.

Dashiel smiled toothily as he saw me.

"Hey, Buddy."

"Where have you been?" The boy asked and I glared up to Cate, who was standing right next to him.

Finally, she showed an emotional expression on her face, taking a bit concern off of me. The blonde and I locked eyes, as I tried to figure out what to say next.

"I had to.." I began, but I didn't know what to say. I did not think telling the truth was nice, but lying?

"Bea had to visit her mom." Cate helped me out.

"Oh.." The boy sighed disappointed. "but are you staying now?" He asked.

"Dash, I'm not sure-" I began to find an excuse, so Cate didn't have to make anything up.

The small boy's smile faded and it made my heart drop. He seemed to actually like me and I did not want to ruin his birthday...

"Is it because I was so rude yesterday?" Dashiel, asked and looked so incredibly sad, it broke my heart.

"No, buddy." I stepped closer and kneeled down in front of him. "I know you didn't mean it the way it came off." He slowly lifted his chin and gazed at me with those brown puppy eyes.

"Really?" I wanted to cry at his expression.

"Yes, really." I nodded, with a soft smile on my lips. "Now, why don't you go inside and continue playing with your friends?" I suggested and there it was again, that toothy grin on his mouth.

"Can I show you, my presents?"

I lifted my head, to see what Cate had to say about that. With a soft nod she assured it and Dash screamed from the top of his lungs, while running back inside.

When the boy was gone, I stood up straight again. My back wanted to from a curve. I did not want to meet her eyes. I wanted to be swallowed by the floor beneath my feet.

"I'm sorry, I leave afterwards," I brought over my lips.

"Nonsense." Cate spoke and I stared at her with a puzzled expression.

Was she for real now?

"But- what about..." I referred to Herold, which the blonde already knew.

"He knows about us, darling."

Narrator's POV

A couple hours earlier.

With an overfilled mind, Cate welcomed the guests and made sure everyone was pleased. She made coffee and tea, or whatever people preferred to drink.

The actress put on her mask, so no one would notice how her mind was everywhere but there with the guests. So far no one had noticed something was off, though not everyone was there yet.