Drago's Plan

Chapter 46: Drago's Plan

"Drago," Eira said calmly, placing a hand on a growling Toothless' shoulder to soothe him, "it's been awhile." She did not know if he was a friend or foe, so she had to be wary.

Drago flashed her a grin. "It sure has. And look - I've got my own dragon now! Meet Duskscales." He motioned to the female Night Fury standing beside him. Luna snarled at her, but the other dragon appeared indifferent.

"Hello there, Duskscales." Eira knew that gaining a dragon's trust was a huge accomplishment, so why was she still uneasy? Perhaps it was the dragons that loomed behind Drago. "If you've befriended this dragon, why are you still on the island?"

"I have decided to make it my base! I already have some loyal followers." He nodded at the dragons behind him. "Now I just need to convince the Night Furies of my good intentions."

Eira's uneasiness grew. "And what are those good intentions?"

Drago's grin widened. "Why don't you wait and see? Duskscales, will you call them please?" The grey dragon stepped forward and let out a loud cry. Toothless tensed, and Luna growled again. Eira's free hand twitched in anticipation, preparing her to take action if needed.

Soon, the sound of wings flapping was heard overhead. Then the Night Furies landed off to the side, a good distance away from either group. They were followed by Valka and Cloudjumper. Lastly, Ingrid and Snotlout landed with their dragons near Eira. "There he is!" Snotlout said rather loudly. "Eira found him." Drago turned to the couple.

"Hey Drago," Ingrid said with a nervous smile. "We were looking for you. You know we didn't mean to leave you behind, right? We didn't have a choice, but we came back as soon as we had a plan."

Drago brushed her off with a wave of his hand. "Don't worry about it. You're the one who taught me how to properly train dragons in the first place. Without you, I never would have bonded with Duskscales here." The Night Fury snorted in agreement.

"Eira, what is going on?" Valka asked in a low voice, now standing beside the younger woman.

"I... don't know," Eira answered honestly.

Dragon ignored them and turned to face the Night Furies. "Welcome, my friends. Thank you for joining me today." The dragons growled at him but did not move to attack. A couple of them glanced at Duskscales warily. "I am here to relieve you from the oppression of Grimmel! I know you made a deal with him, but you cannot trust him. He knows the location of the Hidden World. What is to stop him from attacking it once he has you all rounded up?"

"Let us take care of Grimmel," Valka said. "We can handle him."

"Even if you manage to take them down, these dragons still need help."

Suddenly, Eira understood. "Wait, you're not suggesting-?"

"That's right." Drago smiled at Duskscales before looking back at her flock. "I am a friend to dragons now. Allow me to help you instead, and I will make sure all dragons will make it to the Hidden World unhindered."

"What?!" Ingrid exclaimed. "That is not what we're trying to do here! Vikings and dragons to learn to live with dragons peacefully."

Drago gave her a somber look. "There are those who will never change, and even those who will leave harmed dragons in their path. Do you not think there will be another after Grimmel? Do you want to fight wars forever?"

"That sounds like what Hiccup said," Snotlout said.

"He is wising up. Is that why he is not with your alpha?" He nodded at Toothless, who snarled at him.