Wild One

Chapter 47: Wild One

Eira ran into Heather as she was preparing to leave Berk, so the two of them flew home together. Alone the way, she explained the recent developments in regards to Drago, which left Heather in shock. "I can't believe Drago is fighting for dragons now," Heather said.

"He certainly no longer wants to fight for humans," said Eira. "That's the problem. Everyone needs something worth living for, and dragons were a convenient target." She sighed. "We'll have to figure out some way to deal with this."

"Hey, if anyone can do it, it's you."

Eira smiled slightly. "Thanks." Ingrid had said something similar, so maybe it was true. "Anyway, how is your mission coming along? You're working with Fishlegs, right?"

Heather smiled. "Everything is coming along great. We've allocated resources so us and our allies won't run out of supplies soon. Plus, we've scouted out several Vikings still willing to trade with us."

"That's awesome! You're doing great."

Heather nodded. "And it is nice to spend time with Fishlegs again. We do make a pretty good team."

"Maybe after all of this is over you could spend more time together without the danger."

"Yes, but the danger is half the fun."

Eira laughed. "I think Dagur is rubbing off on you."

Heather smirked. "Right. Speaking of Dagur, how are the two of you doing?"

Eira's smile fell, and she quickly replaced it with a fake one. "Everything is just fine. Why wouldn't it be?"

Heather appeared uncertain. "I just haven't seen you together very often lately."

"We're on different missions. It's to be expected."

"Okay, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks, Heather." Eira felt guilty about not confiding in her, but she did not feel like now was the time. And why bother her when it was something she could solve on her own?

They soon landed on the island and set their dragons up at the stables. Then they parted ways. Eira briefly thought about going to Viggo for advice about Drago but decided against it. He had his own mission to take care of, so she had to deal with this with her own team for now.

Dagur waited for her inside their house. He immediately launched into the story of his day, and although she should have been more interested in Hiccup teaching the villagers how to train dragons, she found it  difficult to pay attention. He stopped halfway and looked at her in concern. "Eira, are you alright?" he said. "Did something happen? Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine," Eira reassured him. "I'm sorry, it's just... we ran into Drago today, and he may be a problem."

Dagur's expression hardened. "Is he after the dragons?"

"No. Well, yes, but it's different this time. Remember Hiccup's idea about sending all the dragons to the Hidden World to keep them safe? He's basically on board with that now."

"What?! Where would he get a crazy idea like that?"

"Probably from the Night Fury he befriended."

Dagur shook his head in dismay. "That is unacceptable. You are going to deal with him, aren't you?"

Eira nodded. "I'm going to try my best." Everyone else seemed to have confidence in her, but she could not ignore the doubts swirling inside her head. She could not even convince Hiccup that his idea was crazy, so what chance did she have with Drago? And what if the two of them decided to team up? There was too much that could go wrong.