'Please Me' - Chapter Nine

Matteo Romano

That god damn dress.

That was all I could think about the entire time I was with Mr. Knight, a 'business' partner of mine. The way she looked in that dress flashed through my head non stop.

It showed just enough skin. Short enough to show off her long legs, but also just long enough to keep her ass covered. Her body had always looked good, but the way the black fabric hugged her made it even better.

Tonight's meeting wasn't supposed to be long so once we hit the hour mark I was ready for it to be over. We were just supposed to discuss the shooting from two weeks ago, but of course that conversation trailed into others. Properties, territories, possible threats, both the legal and illegal sides of my businesses.

I had ordered three rounds of drinks because he was taking so long. If I didn't drink to calm down, I would have snapped. Finally he was ready to leave himself.

Thank god. I was on the verge of kicking him out.

I stood up from the black couch I was on and walked to the railing. Looking down, I scanned over all the bodies dancing. Blame it on the alcohol, but I knew who I was looking for, and eventually I found her.

Her hands up in the air. Hair a wavy mess, falling over her shoulders. The biggest smile I had ever seen from her.

Her body moving with the beat of whatever song was being played. She danced like she was alone in her room with no one around her. She just didn't care. She didn't care about what people thought of her. That was something I admired.

I had told her that Kian would bring her back up here but I wanted to be the one to get her. I wanted to be one of the many bodies she danced around. I wanted to be behind her, feeling the way her hips moved. I could blame it on the alcohol or I could blame it on the attraction I had towards her.

Hell maybe this was a perfect mix of both.

I couldn't stop myself, so I made my way down the stairs. The floor was packed with drunk people stumbling and dancing around but I had it locked in my brain where she was. Sure enough, I pushed past one last person and was met with her back.

Before she had the chance to turn around and see me I grabbed onto her hips, pulling her body into mine. Since she wasn't facing me,  she couldn't see me. She didn't know that I was the one behind her. She didn't know it was me who was guiding her hips that never stopped their movements.

I could tell she had been drinking. She didn't seem like the type to let loose like this. Some type of alcohol was definitely playing a part in this situation.

Maybe I was being stupid or selfish. I knew that anyone could see us in this more intimate moment. Anyone could use this against me, they could use this moment with her to try and take her from me.

I knew all of these things. I knew how dangerous this could be, but those thoughts were pushed to the back of my mind when I felt her body continuing to move against me.

We had only been together for a few short moments when I started to feel as if I wasn't close enough to her. I wanted to see her from the front.

So I gave into my desires. I grabbed her hand and spun her around to face me. Her eyes locked on mine. A hint of fear flashed through them when she realized it was me.