Foreign Country - Chapter Twenty•Five

Davina King

Matteo was asleep underneath me for most of the flight. When he woke up, it was because I got off him to use the bathroom.

He acts like he can't sleep without me touching him in some way.

By the time I came back from the bathroom he was sitting up on the couch we were on but now he was on his phone.

His hair was messy and pointing in all different directions. Probably due to me continuously running my hands through it while he slept.

There was the smallest smile spread across his lips when he saw me come out from behind the curtain that separated the main area from the back of the plane.

He opened his arms like he would if he asked me for a hug. I straddled him once again, the heat from his own body instantly radiated onto mine when his arms enclosed around me.

I started laughing at how soft he was being. Always wanting to be touching me, not having such a hard and cruel look on his face, holding me so tightly it was like he was scared to let go.

"What's so funny Angel?" He loosened his grip just enough for me to lean back so we could make eye contact while we spoke.

"We've only been out of New York for a few hours and you've already turned soft on me." I let out another small laugh and his smile widened as his fingers ran through my hair.

"Believe me when I say this Angel." He paused for a second but then went on. "I am far from soft, but you bring out a whole other side of me that I never even knew I had. To you it may seem like I'm letting my guard down, but when you're with me I'm more alert than ever. You make me feel like I have something that I need to protect. And I will be damned if anyone ever tries to take you from me again."

There were a few moments of silence between us while I processed everything he had just said. It wasn't the answer I was expecting, but I could tell that nothing he said was a lie.

Being so unsure of exactly how I should handle this situation, I responded in the only way I knew how.

I leaned my face closer to his and used my hands on either sides of his face to tilt his head up to meet mine. I pushed my lips against his so softly it felt like a feather. Neither of us moved or pulled away, the only part of us the moved were our lips against each other's and our chest that would rise and fall with uneven breaths.

I shifted the placement of my hips so they were now pressed into his lap more. I was still shifting for a second to get comfortable when his hands grabbed tightly onto my waist so he held me exactly where I was.

"Stop moving."

I ignored him and moved again until I saw his gaze shoot down. Then I realized why he told me to stop moving.

My core was pressed against his center and every time I swiveled my hips, I was rubbing against him.

Matteo's eyes were now a darker shade of their usual blue almost grey. His finger tips dug a little harder into my hips and his eyes raked over me like a wild animal stalking it's prey.

His next words made me laugh so hard that my stomach started cramping and it became hard to breath for a second.

"You're about two seconds away from joining the mile high club if you don't stop fucking moving."