Rescue - Chapter Twenty•One

Matteo Romano

It's now been three days since Giovanni took Davina.

He either wasn't smart enough to avoid the cameras of my building or he was just too cocky. Him and his guard were caught taking out my guard, entering my apartment, carrying Davina out, and then leaving out the back.

My connections with the NYPD were able to get me access to the street cameras around the city so I could follow the car they took to where they were keeping Davina.

I had people sitting on the building waiting for my call to make a move on it. Kian and I drew out a plan for everyone at the warehouse.

We had been unsure of just how many people Giovanni had with him, but after talking to the people watching the building we established it was somewhere around 30.

He could have 100 people with him in that building and I would still get in there to kill him myself.

Right now, everyone was at the warehouse getting prepared to make the move on the old abandoned facility Davina was at. I had about 35 people on this job, not including Kian and myself.

I was able to recruit some of the NYPD officers on this too considering they are all on my payroll anyway. I also had to make a deal with the commissioner so we could keep the surrounding areas clear of anyone who might cause me problems.

I ran over the plan with everyone one final time before it was time for us to go. Everyone was focused and on point. Checking surroundings, loading guns, going over entry ways with each other, pairing off on their own.

That was a rule I had. Too many things could go wrong if someone were to go off on their own, so everyone was to have at least one other person with them. I trusted no one else other than Kian to be the one to have my back.

Everyone loaded into the vans that were provided to us by the cops and I led them down to an ally a block away from the old facility in one of my own vehicles.

By the time we all got out of the vehicles, my men were either already wearing mask or were putting one on. They liked to keep their identity private just in case someone were to escape alive. I however never bothered to wear one.

My face will be the last thing Giovanni ever sees.

The streets around us had been discreetly blocked off and cleared so no one would get in our way. This made it easier for everyone to make their way to the facility.

We all had ear pieces so we could communicate better. Once it was clear that everyone was in position I gave the order.

"Everyone go. Now."

The shattering of glass windows and the bangs of doors being kicked in sounded all at once. Then it was rapid gunfire and the frantic yells from Giovanni's men that followed.

Me, Kian, and four other guys made our way in. The other two groups broke away from us the further in we went.

We made our way across the floors that looked like they may cave in at any second, under the ceiling that literally had holes in it, through the old rusted out doors that barley moved, and over bodies that were filled with bullet holes.