Beach Day - Chapter Twenty•Seven

Davina King

We were so close to the beach that it could be seen from the house, so it didn't take us more than a minute or two to reach the warm sand. The sun was almost blinding but it left a warm feeling across my skin. I knew that by the time we got back to the house I would definitely have tan lines.

I looked up and down the shoreline of the beach only to find that there was practically no one. The only people who were on the beach were at least fifty yards away from Matteo and I.

The water was calm so only small waves crashed onto the sand. The reflection from the sky made it look like it was such a light shade of blue.

We walked a couple more steps so that we were close to the water but not close enough for any of the waves to reach us. We laid out both of the towels next to each other across the sand and I sat down on mine just to admire the view that was in front of me. The sight was already making me dread having to go back to New York.

Despite having his own towel to sit down on, Matteo sat down directly behind me. He placed his legs so they were spread out on either side of my body. I leaned back until my back made contact with his chest. He welcomed my body by opening his arms to wrap them around my waist, holding me tighter to his own body.

We were siting in the same position that we were in when we were in the bath tub together after Matteo rescued me. The same position we were in when I could feel everything changing between us.

"What're you thinking about?" Matteo's words snapped me out of the trance like state I was in thinking back to our shared bath.

I didn't tell him what was going through my mind, instead I changed the subject. "Nothing. This place is so beautiful."

"Well for as long as I'm around and own this property, you can just say the words and we can come here anytime." His words sparked a slight curiosity in me.

"How many houses and apartments do you own?"

He chuckled a little before answering. "Well there's the apartment in New York, this house, one in Italy, one in Miami, and one in Brazil. Those are the other places I do the most business with so I have a place to stay when I have to travel there."

I was completely starstruck. I didn't think he would have that many houses or apartments just for himself, but because of his explanation it made complete sense.

"I guess you never really have to want for anything cause you could have it just like that." I snapped my fingers to go along with my words which Matteo laughed at.

"As long as it's a physical object I want, then yes i could easily have it." he paused for a second before changing the topic. "Wanna go for a swim?"

I nodded at him and detached myself from his embrace. We both stood up and started to make our way towards the water.

Matteo walked into the water until it reached just above his waist. However, I stopped once it reached my knees because it was too cold for me to go any further.

"How the hell are you not freezing?" I asked him while I could feel the goosebumps arising across my skin.

"It's not even that bad you just gotta get used to it." It was like he wasn't even affected meanwhile I'm over here freezing my ass off.