Beautiful Views - Chapter Twenty•Nine

Matteo Romano

-Five months later-

It stills fucks me up like it has from the start.

Davina captivated me the first night we met and I haven't been able to get away from her since. Not that I would want to but it's still a new feeling for me. She's had me on a leash for months now, even if she didn't know it.

Nights like these where it's just us two without a care in the world for anything else besides each other give me a different feeling. One that I wish to hold onto for as long as I possibly can.

We were currently at my club. I had to meet with a business associate who was tasked with keeping tabs on Giovanni's father and she wanted to come along. I had finished my meeting a few minutes ago and was looking over the railing at the crowd, searching for her. I was quick to spot her.

I know she wore white on purpose. My top two favorite colors on her are white and black and she knows it. In white she's a literal angel, but in black she truly shows who she is.

I wouldn't say I was jealous of a dress but god damn how I wish I could hug her body the way that dress is right now.

She was currently up at the bar getting another drink. From my angle, her back was turned to me as she leaned on the bar top causing her back to arch slightly and her ass to stick out more.

It was already almost midnight and truth be told, I don't think I'll be able to stay here much longer.

I want us to leave. I want to go somewhere so it can be just us two. No noise, no distractions, no people to get in my way of getting to my girl.

I watched as Cailum slid her drink across the bar to her. She quickly grabbed it and spun around.

It's almost as if she knew I was watching her. Her eyes met mine straight away. She had a light smile on her face. I didn't even get a chance to return it before she started walking through the crowd of people dancing.

My eyes never left her. Not even when she reached the bottom of the stairs. The guards there knew to let her up without any words being exchanged. I walked over to the edge of the steps to meet her once she got to the top.

My own personal beautiful view.

I led her over to a chair with my hand on the bottom of her back. I slipped in the chair and pulled her on my lap.

She set her drink down on the table before turning back to me. "How did the meeting go?"

"It went well. Ever since Giovanni's death his father has been keeping to himself and staying away from any of the businesses." I loved the way she listened as I talked about my work. She was genuinely into it and wanted to know just as much as I did and I never held anything back from her.

In the last few months she's learned a lot about my work and how things operate. "So what I'm hearing is at the moment he's not a threat and he's no longer interfering with shipments to fuck you over."

I chuckled at the way she worded it. "Yes Love. We shouldn't have to worry about him for now, but he'll be back eventually. I can't just kill his only child and not expect any retaliation."