Little Blade - Chapter Eighteen

Matteo Romano

My arm wrapped securely around her, her head buried in my shoulder, one of her hands resting on my thigh, her warm breaths fanning down my neck.

This feels so amazing.

I had leaned my head back to relax with her until I felt the car come to a stop down the dark ally between my building and the one beside it.

I had debated on just carrying Davina upstairs but decided against it because of all the people that might see us.

Shaking her slightly, she opened her eyes but still looked tired. "Come on. We're home."

I had noticed about a week ago that I started to call my apartment her home. She's never said anything about it and has yet to ask about her own apartment so I think she feels like it's her home now too.

We both got out of the car and made our way to the elevator. Davina slumped back into the wall with her hands gripping the silver railing.

The memories from the first night we met flashed through my mind. The images of me having her pinned on that exact wall.

I couldn't help myself, seeing as we were only about halfway up to my floor, I took a few short strides towards her. Her head instantly snapping to me when she heard movement.

I placed my hands on the outsides of hers and leaned into to bring our faces closer together.

Whatever tiredness that was previously in her eyes disappeared and i could feel her body tense up from where our chest were touching.

I let one of my hands come up to the side of her neck to hold it gently. My face dropping into the other side to breath in the scent of her vanilla body spray. Goosebumps arose on her skin, starting at where she could feel my breath on her collarbone. She dropped her head so it was resting on my shoulder blade and let out a shaky breath.

"Matteo."

I could hear her clearly even tho it was just barley above a whisper.

I smirked at the effect I had on her even when I wasn't doing anything. "Yes Angel?"

She lifted her head back up to look at me in my eyes, giving me her pleading puppy dog eyes. I knew what she was asking for.

If I knew this door wouldn't slide open any minute, I would take her right here against this elevator wall.

With her hand now on the back of my neck she pulled me in so our lips were hovering over each other's. Every now and then making the slightest bit of contact.

We were in a battle to see who would do it first, both of us not wanting to give in to the other.

"You know your security could see us right now." She looked up to the camera that was in the far corner, drilled into the ceiling.

"I don't give a fuck." With that statement I broke first. Pushing my lips fully against hers.

She didn't hesitate to kiss me back. Moving her lips against mine, only breaking away every few seconds to take a quick breath.