Shooting Range - Chapter Thirteen

Matteo Romano

It's unusually quiet today. It was extremely rare that such a small amount of people would be here, but I knew how much work we have been taking on recently so it was understandable. 

Walking down the corridors with Davina following, I was expecting to hear the loud popping sounds that I was all too familiar with. However, there wasn't even one.

I opened the door to the large room and let Davina walk in. At first she was confused, the look on her face made that clear.

She walked into one of the open slots and stared down to the far wall. More specifically, the paper with the outline of a body on it.

I leaned my back into the wall behind me. I was waiting for her to speak up.

Davina obviously knows why we're here, it's not like i'm the one that needs the practice, but I wasn't going to rush her. Not with this. This is a lot different from what she's been doing.

She turned around to face me so she could speak, "I'm guessing we're not here for you."

I pushed off of the wall and took a few steps closer to her. "No, we're not here for me."

I could see her chest rise more than usual as she sucked in a breath. She nodded her head and turned back to the wall.

With her eyes still on the wall, she spoke up again. "So let's get started then."

Davina never hesitated to attempt to do something she had never done before. Not only was she good with adjusting to new task, but she was always eager to become great at whatever it was she was doing.

For a moment, she looked around the small box that we were in. She was looking for something.

"We don't have headphones or glasses if that's what you're looking for." I informed her. She looked at me confused, silently asking me for an explanation.

"In the event that you will have to use a gun, you're not gonna have the time to put on head phones or glasses so it's best if you get used to it now."

Davina nodded her head to show that she understood. I pulled the 9mm out of my waistband, where it stays tucked anytime I leave my building. I placed it down on the counter in front of her and stepped back.

She slowly started to reach for the gun but stopped before her hand came into contact with it. "Wait I don't know how to do this."

I chuckled to myself a little bit due to the idea that I had in order to help her learn.

She might just hit me but it's worth a shot.

I stepped up till I was directly behind her, the front of my body against her back.

Leaning into the side of her neck I let my breath graze over her skin as words left my mouth, "Spread your legs some."

There was no verbal reply, but she listened to me and her legs parted some.

"Good, now pick it with your dominant hand. Use the other hand to cradle it. Leave your index finger on the side, don't put it on the trigger yet."