A Night Out - Chapter Twenty•Eight

Matteo Romano

Davina and I have been back from our small vacation for a few days now. We stayed two more days after the day I asked her to actually be with me.

Those days were mainly spent with little to no clothes across almost every portion of the house. It was like we couldn't get enough of each other. Like something terrible would happen if our bodies were to separate.

Neither one of us wanted to leave but we had to come back. Kian was only making sure nothing went wrong with my businesses, I had actual work to do. As much as I love being on a calm
beach, there was still something about the noisy and crowded city that I loved more.

It's currently five P.M. Davina and I have been sitting in my office for the past ten minutes waiting for Kian to show up. We were both on edge because Kian had called me and said that he was on his way and that it was very urgent.

Kian is typically a lot more laid back than I am, and he doesn't overreact to anything. Hearing the difference in his tone was a key factor that told me whatever he had to tell us was important.

I said 'us' even though Kian was only really talking to me and hadn't even mentioned Davina, but I want her to be by my side through most of my work. I want her to learn how I do things so she can do the same or help me when I need it.

It took about another fifteen minutes for Kian to enter the apartment. He already knew I would be waiting in my office for him.

When he walked in he was holding a tan folder in his hand, just like the one we had all of Davina's information in when she first came here.

"We found him."

His words struck me like lightning. I knew who he was talking about right away because at the moment we were only trying to track down one person. Honestly I was starting to lose hope that we would ever be able to considering it's been months since we've found any trace of him.

The folder was placed down on my desk in front of me. As I opened it and started reading through all of the information I heard someone moving around. I looked up only to find Davina walking around to my side of the desk to look at the folder herself.

Instead of leaving her to stand next to me and peer over my shoulder, I pulled her down so she was sitting on my lap.

"I almost completely forgot about him." Davina said once she realized who was on the paper.

"He's in Veracruz." I pointed out. "It's going to be a pain in the ass to get to him, I don't have any agreement with anyone in Mexico so I'm not sure how local gangs, the mafia, or the cartel will react with me being on their territory."

Kian chimed in to the conversation now. "We could make an attempt to make contact with local organizations and cut them a deal so we can go in and get him. We could at least try to get him back to the states before we do anything to him to keep commotion down to a minimum."

Matteo stayed silent for a minute, thinking over Kian's idea. "It could work, but it may take some time for the negotiations. Send two men to his location to keep an eye on him. He's not gonna get away again."

"I'm on it." With that Kian arose from his seat and made his way out of the office and the apartment.

"So what are you gonna do to him if you are able to get him back here?" Davina asked.