Scratches - Chapter Eleven

Matteo Romano

She's the female version of me.

I was always the one to walk away first from any hook up. I'd had never once been left first. That was until Davina.

After we both finished on the couch, Davina went to get up and nearly fell over. I had to laugh at her first, but then I carried her to my room where we went two more rounds.

There weren't many girls that I had slept with that would go more than one round. They would also rarely ever try to take control, which I was fine with, but it was a challenge to keep control over her and I loved it.

Needless to say we were both exhausted. Neither of us made the move to grab the other or try to cuddle. The thought had crossed my mind for a moment but cuddling isn't my thing and it never has been.

Clearly it isn't Davina's either.

When I woke up it was still fairly early in the morning. Only eight am. Davina typically slept in till around nine so I was surprised she was already gone from the bed beside me.

I figured she would be getting coffee like she did every morning, but she was nowhere to be found. I looked through the whole apartment.

She knows that I don't like her leaving without me knowing where she's going. It was still a risk for her to be out on her own.

When I looked at my phone there was a text from Kian stating that he was in the gym. He wanted me to come down to the gym. Kian wouldn't ask me to meet him somewhere, he would just tell me where he was and expect me to show up.

Walking up to the doors of the gym, you could see right in. There were two way mirrors so on the outside you could see in, but on the inside it was just a regular mirror.

It wasn't very crowded so I was able to spot Kian right away.

He was holding one of the punching bags in place for someone. I couldn't see who it was since the sixty pound bag was in the way.

I was curious. Kian didn't help people often, so my assumption was he was probably flirting with someone.

Oh.

I won't take back my flirting assumption,  because he probably was flirting, but he stepped out of the way to reveal that it was Davina behind the bag.

Black leggings and a sports bra clung to her body. Her long hair was pulled into a high ponytail. Her hands were wrapped in tape.

Over the past few weeks she had become really good with fighting. She was a fast learner which made it all so much easier.

I stood outside for a minute longer just to watch her throw a few punches at the bag.

She kept her stance strong every time she would launch her fist forward. The bag would sway from the force in her hit.

She hits hard. One time while I was training her, I made her spar me. Of course she didn't win, but the power behind her hits threw me off guard. As small as she is, it just wasn't expected.

Walking in the door, both Davina and Kian turned their heads towards me. The sound of the door catching their attention.

"How long have you two been down here?" I walked up to them and asked more so towards Kian since Davina started unwrapping her hands.

"Only about an hour." Kian responded. I just nodded my head.

"Well I'm going to run to relax." Davina stated before walking off to a treadmill. She always went to the same one. Off in the corner of the room away from everyone else.