Giovanni - Chapter Sixteen

Davina King

With getting no sleep last night, coffee would become my best friend today.

I walked down to the gym alone after realizing I was home alone. Matteo was already there with his headphones in, hitting a bag with such force I thought it might fall off its stand.

I didn't know how to talk to him after last night. Was I supposed to act like I was asleep and I didn't know he was there? Should I tell him that I actually wasn't asleep?

I decided to just avoid him for now and start my workout with a run. Running was something I genuinely enjoyed doing. It was calming to me and helped keep my mind at ease.

I preferred to just keep to myself in the gym so I could get done what I needed to and then leave. That's why when I would run I always went to the same treadmill. Far off in the back corner away from anyone else.

A mile was all I did today. I didn't run it fully, I cheated and walked some. When I stepped off the treadmill to grab my water bottle, I could sense a pair of eyes on me. Thinking that it was Matteo, I turned to where I had seen him a few minutes ago.

He was still standing there but his back was facing me and his head was tilted down to look at his phone.

So it wasn't him staring.

I still felt like I was being watched so I started to scan over everyone in the gym. Most people were off in their own world, doing whatever workout they were in the middle of.

Then I saw them.

Two guys on the other side of the room. One of them was facing the other talking to him, while the other was facing me. Not even attempting to hide the fact that he was staring.

If I'm being honest, these two men reminded me a lot of Matteo and Kian. They were both tall and muscular, and they gave off a sense of confidence.

The one that was facing me gave me the type of stare that Matteo always did. Head held high even when his gaze would be down on me. A slight curve on his lips to give the cockiest grin known to man.

But this stranger did something Matteo still doesn't do often.

He smiled at me.

A bright smile to showcase perfectly straight and white teeth. Too be friendly I smiled back at him. We held our eye contact for a moment before he tilted his head to the side to point towards the doors of the gym.

I know this means he wants me to meet him there, but should I? He is attractive but he's a stranger and the last time I was friendly with a stranger, I ended up living with a crime lord.

The odds of this man being involved in the same line of work as Matteo and Kian was small. I mean how many people would choose a life of crime?

Fuck it. I don't really know anyone beside Matteo and Kian.

I started making my way towards the doors. Once he saw me moving in that direction he said something to his friend and then started walking as well.

He was already close to the door so he beat me there. Waiting for me, he leaned against the wall behind him and raked his eyes across my body. A blush made it's way onto my face.