Chapter Twelve

LIZZY'S POV

       I was preparing to meet my ex after she threatened me with the girls. I was in my room still looking for the most terrible outfit I will wear when I heard a knock. The kid were already asleep so the only person who would be knocking is Lisa. I intentionally waited for her to knock again before I open the door.
       "Is there any problem? I asked since that is the only reasonable thing that will make her come knock on my door
      Um.... are you free this night? She asked looking me up
       No, just going somewhere I answered
        Oh okay....
       Is there anything wrong?
Nothing serious, I will just reschedule my meeting she said
         Okay I said waiting for her to move so I can close the door back and continue with what I was doing but she remained there. Us standing together is becoming more and more awkward
       Um..... is there anything else? I asked
        Who are you meeting? She asked regretting it immediately. I didn't see that coming. What's her business with who am meeting with. After ignoring me for a week she's here acting like a jealous girlfriend which she's not
        "Excuse me?....
        "Sorry , it's none of my business she said leaving immediately
        If I didn't know better I would say she's jealous but off course that would be understatement. I closed the door getting more pissed as the night grows.

LISA'S POV

         I went into my room having a very disturbing feeling just like I felt when I heard she's going out to meet someone. I didn't now what happened. I wanted to know more of the person she's meeting with. Is it like date or what, let's just say I was restless.
I know that she has a life apart from taking care of my girls. Off course she's going to date someone, even marry. I didn't know where this thought came from but I thought of following her.
       God what am I? Stalker I said removing the thought immediately from my head. I started hitting my head lightly continuously trying to impact some common sense in my head. I went to the mirror of my room, it has become a steady thing talking to myself in the mirror. Looking through the mirror to see my other self.
       "You are married with kids, where she's going has nothing to do with you, who she's meeting is none of your business" I said out aloud to myself
          After sometime I heard the door opened and then closed. I figured she has left. I went to the girls room to check them before I could finish with the work I brought home. They were sound asleep.
           I went back into my room bringing my laptop and some paperwork I need to do. I started sorting it out in my laptop with a mindset of getting it through tonight. After some hours, my back paining me out of sitting in a position far too long for my body liking. I closed the laptop, putting everything in my bag. I went down stairs, feeling like tonight's going to be one of the longest night of my life. I went to the fridge, taking a bottle of water with me to the sitting room. I looked at the clock, it was already midnight and she's still not back. Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to watch TV and maybe wait for certain someone.

LIZZY'S POV

        I got up realising what I just did. I looked at the woman beside me, feeling more stupid at myself. I immediately searched for my clothes putting them on trying not to wake her. I didn't know when my eyes glanced at the clock and I realized it's past midnight already.
        Fuck! I cussed myself for acting so stupid
         Tonight was supposed to be the last time I make it clear to her that we are over, that I'm not a toy she uses but what did I do, I went and sleep with her proving her theory right. I couldn't control my sexual drive with her, I mean she's crazy but you will forget it when you go to bed with her. We had planned to meet at the park but she changed it telling me to come to the club. I wanted to refused but decided it's best I go and put an end to this.
         I knew why she wanted us to meet was because of what I can offer her on bed. She did a great effort in seducing me starting with the piece of material she calls clothe exposing every inch of her body. What we did tonight wasn't new, whenever she messes up, she uses sex knowing that I will get over what she did.
          My head was throbbing even though I took little of alcohol. I left the hotel not realizing that I have nothing to take me home. I decided to walk even though I know it's dangerous for someone like me to walk at this time especially in my condition. I kept on walking until I saw a car following me. It was dark and I couldn't help but imagine all sort of things if the person in the car turns out to be a psycho. I increased my speed walking as fast as I can but not enough for the car to not pass me. I stopped looking at the car that's still following me. The car door opened, a man stepping out raising both his hands up in the hand. The person looks oddly familiar and that was when it click, he was the man that called me on the phone when Lisa was wasted. And it seems that he recognized me just like I did.
       Hey! I says thinking what he was doing here
        "We met again" he says  smiling
         What are you doing here? We asked each other at the same time. You answer first we said again
        I decided to answer first "Walking home and you?"  I asked
            "Same" he said smiling. He looked around frowning a little
It's not advisable for you to be on the road now, I could be a kidnapper or worst a murderer
         "Well are you?" I asked
         "What do you think?" He asked
        So do you live around here I asked.
        No but I came for a visit to a friend who lives around here he answered
         "Oh!" I says thinking how to ask him for a ride.
          "Do you need a ride?" he asked
        "How do I know you are safe to be with" I asked remembering it's not right to enter a stranger's car especially someone who was always there to help.
          "I don't know but I can assure you that I am not a bad guy"
          "What  choice do I have"  i I thought out loud
          "Walking  till you get home"  he says answering my inner thoughts. "Come  on, it's late already"  he says gesturing me to his car.
         I was about to enter when I realized I don't even remember his name.
         "What's that your name again" I asked
          "Jeffrey but call me Jeff" he says opening his car door for me
       Ok I'm...Lizzie but prefer to be called....      
         Izzie he said finishing it for me
          Right remembering we actually introduced ourselves the first time we met. I entered his car, he closed it going to the other side to drive off.