Chapter Thirty-six

Lizzie texted me two hours ago, she would be picking me up by eight. Olivia went to sleep over at her friends house and Sonia got picked up by Cynthia an hour ago.
        I was putting on a short purple dress with long hands. I removed the band I used to tie my dyed hair letting it fall freely on my back. My hair have quite grown over the years. I looked at the morrow one more time to check my make-up and it was still good.
         A massage came into my phone few minutes later and when I checked it, it was Lizzie informing me that she's at the door. I wore the silver heels I bought last time I went shopping taking my purse before going down.
           I opened the door going out to see Lizzie standing beside a black Porsche. she was putting on a black pant suit with a white shirt and black jacket, her black heels not too high like mine  Her hair was neatly packed with two strands of hair on each her side faces. She looks so hot that I stared at her more than I should..
       I saw her looking me up and down making me blush.... I coughed turning to close the door to avoid her seeing me blushing. I faced her again when I know that my face is back to normal. I approached her taking in her beauty
         You looked.... beautiful" she compliment. Though I didn't want to show it but I wanted to look beautiful for her.
         "You don't look bad yourself......I mean you look good too"
           Smiled looking at herself nodding slightly. She opened the door letting me enter before going over to drive us out.
            She drove us to a restaurant, not too fancy or casual either. It was nice and warm and it gave us privacy to be able to talk. We ordered a red wine first before proceeding with food. We ate engaging in some random talks
           After eating we ordered Mac and cheese for side dishes with another wine. Something was really bothering me but I didn't know if it's a good idea
           Does your girlfriend know" I asked when I couldn't take it any longer
           She looked at me sipping her wine "we broke up last night"
            I almost got choked by the wine I drank just then, that was the last thing I was expecting "was it because of me" I asked
           She nodded without explaining more. Was she so insecure to break up with her cause she saw her looking at me or did they have a fight about me.
           I'm sorry" I dodn't even know why I'm apologizing
           You came back for me she said suddenly. She wasn't asking but I nodded anyway
            Why?
           Wasn't it obvious, I divorced my husband, fighting against my parents just to be with her but was not able to do cause I thought she moved om
           When you left, I was miserable. It was hard for me, I didn't even know what I was feeling but I knew I wanted to be with you. I was so scared that I might loose my girls. Then Cynthia made me realize something "I hate my parents so much but was doing exactly what they did, I didn't love John, I never did so why are we together then. I came to meet you and tell you that I wanted to be with you but I saw you with her......you were so happy. Then I met her and she told me you guys were together, she told me if I really loved you I shouldn't show my face to you. I love you and seeing you so happy made me realize I should let you be happy. I filed for divorce, it was scary but I did. I lost you cause I was holding onto a loveless marriage.
           I'm sorry but you should have known me better than that...I was miserable too, hurt and shattered. We weren't together untill after six months and it was all for me to forget you!... I saw the pain in her eyes when I said I wanted to forget her
          Did you? She asked sipping her wine nervously
           Forget you? I scoffed. I never did even for a moment. Every moment reminds me of her even when it hurts to know I wasn't with her.
            Why did you break up with her" she asked
            I didn't....she broke up with me instead"
             Oh! Because of last two night? She asked
             No, because we realized that I..... I
             You what?
             I still love you, I still do!
             She sat there looking at me without saying anything making me nervous. Maybe she doesn't feel the same anymore and I'm making a fool of myself.
            Realizing she wasn't going to say anything, I took my wine drinking them all. I saw her smiling before she got up coming closer towards me before kissing me. I was surprised but I realized what the kiss meant, she do love me too, I mean she didn't say it but I felt it in her kiss.
           You wanna blow this date and get outta here she asked smirking. Of cause I would, who wouldn't want to. I stood up going over to pay the bills which we fought a little debating who should pay. We split the bills half before leaving together towards her house.