Chapter Twenty-Seven

Nikki and I met at her parents home during a new year Eve party. We had a good connection and became friends right away. Her parents were good, loving and kind unlike mine.  She knew about her sexuality and she told her parents, they accepted her. It wasn't a big deal for them.

         We were good friends until she kissed me one day when we were together at my home. We were almost caught by my mom but luckily for us, she didn't suspect anything. She left later and we didn't talk about it. I didn't know about my sexuality, I never imagined I would enjoy another girl's lips on mine but I did that day.
           We talked about it few days later, she confessed her feelings for me. It was the first time someone ever says they like me so I didn't know how to react. I was speachless and she thinking I didn't feel the same ran home. I didn't stop her from leaving, I wanted to figure things out for myself.
           Nikki started avoiding me, we hardly hang out anymore and  my parents were so happy about it, they thought we were getting rather closely to their own satisfactory. Nikki got a girl few weeks later and maybe that made me realise that I wanted her. I realised my feelings late, I knew it was too late but I wanted to let her know
            Fortunately, I did and she told me she still feel the same. She broke up with the girl and we hit it off though no one knew about it. Nikki wanted me to tell my parents but I knew they wouldn't accept us. We hid our relationship for eight months until one night, my parents called and said they won't be coming back that night. I invited Lisa to stay over. We had the best night ever but it was caught shot when my parents came back without us knowing that night. They opened the door maybe to inform me that they are back but was shocked to see I and Nikki completely naked on my bed.
            My mom screamed my name and it didn't take a second time for me to wake up. I woke Nikki up who was forced to go home that night. That was the night I got the beating of my life. They gave me a scar that night to remember the day I disgrace them.
            Theylocked me up for three good weeks alone in my room. They threatened me to break up whatever I had with Nikki or else they will ruin her life. I accepted thinking it was the right thing to do, I didn't want her hurt but I didn't know I was the one that was going to hurt her.
          I did the next day, I saw how broken she looked but I still did. She was so broken that she started failing her tests, missing classes. A rumor broke out later that Nikki and I had a thing. My parents forced me to deny it or else they will go on with their threat. I didn't want to deny it but I thought protecting my parents means protecting her and so I did. I denied everything in front of Nikki hoping to tell her later why I did that.
           Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do it cause Nikki killed herself, she overdose herself with hard drugs. She wrote a letter to me telling me that it wasn't my fault, she knew that I was trying to protect her so she thought killing herself will stop my parents from hurting me. The pain I experienced that night wasn't nothing to be compared of how I felt when I heard about Nikki commiting suscide
            I was broken, I lived every day with guilt and I lost my way. I began drinking and it helps to numb the pain. My parents made sure I didn't forget her death, they blamed me and remind me of it every single day and I wasn't mad at them, I couldn't be cause I knew she died because of me. My parents didn't break us up nor denied it, I was the one that did it.
            Years later, my parents hooked me up with a guy who is now my husband. I allowed them to do that and I was happy they did cause I started healing after I gave birth to Olivia. They were the reason that made me become whole again, the reason that keeps me sane and makes me want to live.

           I didn't know her life was much messed up than mine. It was bad for someone to go through all this. One thing I know is that she is a strong woman, for her to go through all this and still has a heart, she is an angel.
            "I'm sorry you had to go through that" I told her comforting her the best I can. "It's not your fault, your parents are assholes....forgive me but yes they are. They don't deserve you and it wasn't your fault, you were young and you did all that to protect the one you love___so stop blaming for it... 
            She took my hand in hers hugging it "No one knew about this except my friend whom you saw today". I was happy she was able to confide in me. I held her closely towards me running my hand smoothly in her hair before she eventually slept off.
            I carried her off to one of the rooms in the cabin, laying her gently on the bed before covering her up with the blanket. I offed the light about to go when she grabbed my hand sleepily telling me to stay with her. I lay beside her with my arms around her and we slept off.