Chapter Fourteen

LIZZY'S POV

        I still can't believe she tried to kiss me. Part of me was happy cause that means she find me attractive but the other part of me thinks it's just an experiment she tried to do but realizes her reality. She had gone out after breakfast telling me she's meeting with a friend.
         I had great time with the kids. We actually went out, went to Oliver's favorite bookstore. I think it's her favorite because she gets to meet with the owner's son who is three years older than her. Maybe she has a thing for old guys cos she actually behaves more matured than her age mate. Even after we left she couldn't stop but talk about all the wonders of the young gentleman. His name was steve or something like that, o can't really say. I can say we had a great time today and a tiring day cos the girls fell asleep after their dinner and taking their bathe.
         The weather was changing so quickly, the clouds was dark and the weather forecast had announced that there was going to a terrible storm tonight. As if on clue, it started pouring outside.
       Lisa wasn't back yet and I really hope she knows. I closed the windows and the doors pacing around the house. One thing about me is that I can easily get worried about people. I can remember a time I almost had a panic attack when I was young, my mom normally comes home around six, one day she didn't and it was raining. I was so scared thinking of all the horrible things that happens at night. Luckily our neighbors called me to inform me that my mom is working overnight. That was the beginning of my mom's late nights. I started getting used to it and eventually care less.
         I tried calling her number but she wasn't picking up. The lightening strikes and thunder followed immediately, next thing I knew Sonia was wailing asking for her Mom. Olivia wasn't crying but I knew she was scared. I took them upstairs to my room, both crawling under my bedsheet. They asked for their mom and I told them that she was going to come home late. Sonia was still shedding tears but not wailing. I knew sleep wasn't for us that night untill their mom returns.
Is she safe wherever she is or is she caught up in this storm. My mind was restless but I tried to control my emotion because of the girls. The sound of my phone interrupted my thoughts, I quickly picked up knowing who's calling
        Hey are you ok? That was the first thing I want to know
         Um .... Yeah. The girls are scared of storm, please stay with them she said
          Her voice was sounding somehow and I wasn't convince when she told me she was okay.
           "Where are you now" I asked getting up from the bed, the girls following me immediately when they realize I was talking to their mom.
        "I'm trying to find shelter, my car broke down but I will be fine" she said.
         "Where  are you now?"  I asked
          "Why, I told you I'm fine"  she said trying to convince me that she is but my guts knew she isn't
         Just fucking tell me where you are right now I screamed at her. I knew I was being a stupid shouting at my boss but desperate time require desperate measures. I was going to apologise after everything
        "I'm at RB road across the fountain home" she said. That was like 150 kilomiteres from home.
         "Ok I am coming"  I said
          "What about the kids?" She asked worriedly
      "I will take them to our neighbors" I said
          We hardly talk to them or even know them she said
I know them and yes I have talk to them, Maybe when I get you back safely you get to actually meet your neighbors. I cut the call putting on my coat. I gave a brief explanation on where I'm going to the girls emitting so many stuffs so I don't get them worried. I tooked them to our neighbors, who didn't mind and was even worried about her. They gave me their car key cos even at all my screaming, I forgot I don't have a means of transport to go save a damsel in a distress, what a terrible princess going to rescue her woman without a shining armor. Where did that thought came from? She's not my woman I said to myself laughing inwardly that I referred to her as my woman.
        I drove off, the road was dark and the water was now beating loudly on the car. I drove like mad. I don't have a car but I drove better than those who has, I mean crazier than them. I hope I don't end up in an accident. I slowed down when I entered the road she told me about. The storm was getting stronger as the night grows. I stopped when I spotted a car, her car. I came out and that was when I felt the heavy wind and rain. The umbrella I have won't even survive. I couldn't run because of the slippery sloppy ground. If I wasn't heavy, the wind would probably have carried me away. I reached her car knocking it a bit louder but not enough to break the glass. I tried looking in, I didn't see anyone inside. I looked around and there was no one around.
       I fucking told her I'm coming, where the hell is she? I asked to nobody
         I started walking down the street, trying not to fall on my ass or get carried away. I'm not ready to die yet I said. The road was lonely, what was she doing at this time here. I saw a small house along the street, the lights were on which means they are still around. I opened the door without getting bother to knock.  
      There she was with three other guys close to her. One was touching her face and the other two were just looking at her with that devil smirk that shout danger, evil. I looked at her face, I could see fear and anger. How can someone be scared and angry at the same time. Thanking the stars that I didn't knock
         I looked around looking for God knows what. When my eyes landed on a piece of wood there, I knew I found what I was looking for. I picked it up walking slowly as I approach them. I only need to hit them long enough for us to escape.
          I hit one of the guys, the other two were too slow to realise what had happened. I hit one who was touching her on his hand as hard as I can. Before I can hit the third person he punched me on the face which hurts like hell making me dropped my God given weapon. He was approaching me as I stepped backwards. We needed to make an escape before the other two recover or else we are toast. As if on cue, Lisa hit him behind his back on his head. It wasn't a good hit cause he turned towards her to hit her on the face. That gave me enough time to pick my stick and smashed it on his face twice. One for hitting me, the other for hitting Lisa. I took her hand rushing outside towards my neighbors car