Chapter 432

Matt's POV: After getting out of the hotel, I was now in Ambo 61 getting checked out by Gabby. Looking around my arms for snake bites, she was just being overly cautious. "Gabby, I didn't take off my gloves at all. I am safe." Gabby then looked at me. "You want to sleep in the bunk room tonight? Last time I checked, we are still sharing an office. Hermann gave his office to Cruz since he has that Chief's bedroom they built for all the chiefs." I nodded and agreed. "Plus, we don't want to bring back any poison to the kids." Gabby then stared at me. "Matt...."

I then sighed and knew what the problem was. "Hey, that is not going to hapen. Just relax okay?" I then went to rub her arms when I felt her get close. I then grabbed her back and went to kiss her softly. "I love you. Now, am I all clear? I have to get my Truck back to the firehouse." That's when I saw Hermann come up to me. "You are going to Med first to get checked for Poison along with Lee Henry. I get Gabby checked because she was worried but...Lee Henry still has to get checked. You take him with you because you are liable if my son has poison."

I then looked at Gabby. "You can sit in the front with Sylvie? We are going to be okay in the back together. It's not like we are injured." Gabby nodded and agreed as she rubbed my chest. I then looked at Hermann while getting up. "Hey Chief, can you go get me my iPad and truck jacket in the truck?" He was confused when I asked him that. "Why?" I then laughed. "Hey, I am going to be laying down for a bit. Might as well get my report in to you while I am waiting. And that way it's fresh." He agreed and nodded, walking away to go get my iPad for me. 

That's when Severide walked over to me. "How are you man? Heard you might have gotten bit by that snake." I then sighed. "Gabby just wants me to go and get checked as a precaution. Don't want to bring poison back to the house and our kids." He nodded and agreed. "Hey, I get it." I nodded. "Me too. And if she's worried about it, she's really worried about it. Remember, anxiety." He agreed and smiled, slapping my chest. "Look at you, not even back in your position for an entire day and you are already in trouble with the wife."

I then looked at him. "Remind me how many times in the past month you have stayed on my basement couch because you and my Lieutenant had a fight?" Severide then sighed. "Remind me why I came there again. I mean, I go there so I can be woken up in the middle of the night just like at home. I should've gone to a hotel. I mean, I barely got any sleep with your babies and the milk. God, that's ridiculous how long it takes to feed." That's when Hermann yelled at Severide. "Severide, you have more important things to do right now?"

Severide then turned to look at him. "Blame your captain for talking to me." Hermann then shook his head. "Nice try. Get to work with your men on cleaning up." Hermann then walked over to me. "How are you Captain?" I then sighed. "The only good thing that happened in there was that I am glad Lee Henry didn't get hurt and that Gabby didn't get hurt. I am sure I'm fine." He nodded and agreed. "Gabby, stay with Matt while he's getting tested. I know you are going to anyways as his wife." Gabby laughed and nodded. "Yes."

He then looked at me. "Oh, and while you are there...get me an updated lung scan. You haven't gotten one since before Matteo was born. I want to see it even if I have already agreed to letting you back into fires." I was about to argue when Gabby looked at me. "Hermann, permission to reprimand him?" He then nodded. "Gabby, you take care of him. As long as he is cleared for work and gets his lung scan...I am good. Until you get one, you are on Ambo and Gabby is on Truck." Gabby then looked at him. "Not happening. I am not cleared."

I was confused when she said that. "What?" Gabby then sighed. "I am technically not cleared for heavy lifting until tomorrow. But my shift was today and I thought it would be okay?" Hermann then nodded. "Of course it is. What's one day?" I nodded and agreed. "Of course. But no truck anyways. Now, can we just go before there's another call? I would like to be there so that your lieutenant isn't outranked. Oh and do not let Lee Henry into the building if I am not back yet. Sorry but, I am still taking lead on that. I made a personal promise to you and Cindy."

Hermann nodded and agreed. "Of course and I remember, I am chief. Now, get going. Gabby, you are his wife until he's done at the hospital." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to get into the ambulance with me. "Sylvie, go drive for us please." Sylvie nodded and agreed as she went to close the doors so that she could drive us to the hospital.