Chapter 443

20 Minutes Later at the Hospital with Jay & Erin:
Jay's POV: As I start waking up from my surgery, I look around the room a little confused as to where I am. That's when I realized that I was currently just wearing my jogging pants, laying down in bed while Erin slept in the chair. I then smiled at her when I felt Lucky on my legs. "Hey girl, can you go wake mama up for me?" That's when I heard Will at the door with Natalie. "Don't worry, I got it for you man." I then looked at him, shocked they were there. "What are you doing here?" He then walked up to Erin and smiled as he went to put his hand on her shoulder.

Waking up, Erin looked around a little confused. That's when she saw Will's dorky face as well as his curly ginger hair. Getting up, she smiled at him. "Oh thank god you are here. He out of surgery yet?" I then looked at her. "Erin, I'm right here. I've been out of surgery for an hour remember?" Erin then looked at me and nodded. "Right." Walking over to me, she then went to kiss me softly while getting on the bed with me. "That hurt?" I shook my head. "No, it's my other side." Will then laughed. "It should be neither side. Man, you are really lucky. I talked to Ethan."

I then looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, I am really lucky. That's why I was so worried. He told me where it was." Will was confused when I said that. "Will, we both know this isn't the first bullet I've had to get taken out of me." Erin then sat up and looked at me. "There was only one more before this when we were together." I then stared at her. "Babe, I was in the military. Believe me, there was a few more before that. It's how I got that medical release from the army that allowed me to join Intelligence. At first I hated that bullet, now I love it so much."

Erin smiled when I said that before kissing me softly. That's when I saw Natalie's baby bump and my niece...Willow Mae Halstead. "Oh my, is that Willow?" Will nodded and smiled. "I made sure to hide her. I wanted you to see her first before Maggie did." That's when I heard Maggie come in. "Oh, is that little Willow? Please, pass her around Will." Will then shook his head. "Not happening Maggie. I think her uncle deserves to hold her first considering he is the reason we are here." Will then walked over to me and went to pass her to me. Putting her on my chest, I just smiled.

I then looked at Maggie and saw her hugging Natalie before gossiping with her. "Just like you guys never left." Will then turned to look at what I was talking about and then went to sit on the edge of my bed. "At least tonight I am not going to have to listen to it for hours when I want to be in bed with her. We left the kids in Seattle so, we are not staying long sorry...I could only get off work for a couple shifts. Like 2 nights at the most. I am so sorry about that man." I then looked at him. "Hey, you came. That's the most important part man. Just relax."

Erin then looked at Will. "Will, you can stay here tonight with him if you want. I wouldn't mind sleeping in my own bed?" I then bit my lip as I looked at Erin. "Erin, can they go sleep at our place? I would rather you stay here." Erin then got worried when I said that. "You okay Jay?" I then bit my lip. "I am starting to have a few PTSD flashbacks. At least, it's what woke me up last time." Will looked at me and sighed when I said that. "You doing okay with that or...do you think it's starting to get worse?" I then sighed while I turned to look at Erin. "The gunshot didn't help."

Will nodded and agreed. "Listen, I will try and talk to my work. I will say that you are a veteran and this brought up some PTSD. I want to be here for you man. Either that or you should come out to Seattle with us when you are cleared. Then, you guys can relax somewhere it didn't happen." Turning to look at Erin, I smiled because I liked the idea. "I actually like that idea. What do you think about that Erin?" Erin then sighed. "Jay, I would rather not. I am not comfortable travelling with an injured husband, a toddler and a service dog while I am pregnant."

I then nodded and understood what she meant. "Hey, just relax. I understand." Erin then walked back over to me and went to join me on the bed again. "Sorry guys, just in a place where I want to cuddle up to him. I was scared I was going to loose him." I nodded while wrapping my arm around her and kissed her forehead. "Hey, I am right here Erin...I am not going anywhere." Will then smiled. "Yeah, he is not going anywhere when he has a boy to take care of soon." I then turned to look at my brother. "Who told you?" He then laughed. "Gabby let it slip."

I was shocked when he said that. "When did you see Gabby?" Natalie then smiled. "Oh, you were still in surgery when we got here. So, we went to congratulate Matt on his promotion when we learned he was actually just Fire Captain again. Gabby gave us a ride here." Will then smiled when she said that. "Honestly, Gabby is looking good. How is it that our wives can all find ways to get back into shape so fast?" Erin then laughed when he said that. "Called working out. Not so sure that you do much of that considering you've put on weight since you left Chicago."

Will laughed when she said that. "Because I have so much time to workout. Between working in the Emergency Room, don't even compare Seattle winters to Chicago winters...we get it worse since we are on the ocean. Then, the kids and studying. God, I barely have time for me and Natalie. But, we are making it work." Natalie smiled when he said that. "Yes, we are putting in the work. However, that doesn't mean I am going to slack off on my Fellowship in Neonatology. Med didn't offer me it, Grey Sloan did." That's when I saw Mrs. Goodwin walk up to my room.

"I thought I heard the Halsteads had returned to Chicago." Natalie then turned to look at Mrs. Goodwin and smiled as she went to hug her. "How are you Natalie?" Natalie then sighed. "Tired, bloated, pregnant." Mrs. Goodwin nodded and smiled when she said that. "And just to let you know, I would've definitely offered you a fellowship if they existed here Natalie. We are not doing them yet because we are not that established. Remember, we are only 6 years post-reopening. Funny enough, you were pregnant when we reopened too with Owen. How is he?"

Natalie then went to take her phone out to show her a picture of Owen? "You guys got the pictures we've sent you guys right?" We both nodded and smiled. "Just show them to Maggie. Then, can I get a refill of my water Maggie?" Maggie nodded and agreed as she went to look at the pictures of Owen when she heard Matt behind her. "Is that Owen?"