Chapter 447

A Couple Hours Later when Matt is back at the house and in his office:
Gabby's POV: As I look around the house for Matt to get him for dinner, I smiled when I finally found him in his office asleep on his bed. He looked really comfortable while wearing his jogging pants and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to join him for a bit. After asking Severide to save us some food, I finally came into his office and shut the door behind me so that we wouldn't be disturbed. I have a chance to get a little bit of alone time with Matt and I'm going to take it if I can. Going to grab the blanket I keep in his desk, I then went to put it aorund me before going to climb onto bed with him (slipping my shoes off at the same time).

Feeling me lay down on his chest, Matt wrapped his arm around me and then went to kiss my forehead while holding me close. "How late is it?" I then smiled as I held him close. "Relax, it's not that late. I am just coming to get some rest with you. You looked comfortable and like you needed a little bit of time with me." Matt nodded as he rubbed my back and smiled, kissing my forehead softly. "As long as it's not 5...we are okay." I then looked at him. "What's at 5?" Matt then went to pull a strand of hair behind my ear when I felt him kiss my forehead. "My mom said she's bringing the kids back for supper I think." I then shook my head. "Only Gabriel later."

Matt then looked down at me. "That's why we still have a car seat in the Tesla isn't it?" I nodded and sighed. "I am still leaking sometimes. So, I called your mom. Asked her to bring him here. I talked to Hermann and he said it'd be fine. I am going to make some bottles in case you have to go out." Matt then sighed. "What if we both have to go out at once?" That's when we both heard Stella walk over. "That's where I come in. I can watch him for you guys. I am staying the night with Stephen because Severide wants some time with him." I then looked at her and smiled. "Thank god. You sure about that?" Stella nodded and looked at Matt. "Hey Captain."

Matt then looked at her. "Can you please close the door? I am trying to get some shut eye before our next call." Stella then agreed when she saw Nancy and Gabriel. "Hi Gabby, I have to do this quick. I took the kids to the park, thought I would just drop him off on my way back." I then looked up and nodded. "Where are the other kids?" She then smiled. "Asleep in the van outside. Now, I need to go. I am in an illegal parking spot and I am not going to get a ticket." Matt then got up and looked at her. "Mom, you are not going anywhere until I get a hug." She agreed and nodded as she went to hug him. "And I am going to come out to see Matteo and Ella. Say goodnight in person if I have a chance." 

I then looked around. "Matt, where did you put the crib?" Matt then looked at me. "Under the desk." I agreed and then found it. "Tell the kids I love them and we will see them in the morning." Matt nodded and smiled as he went to walk away with his mom so that he could say goodnight to our other kids. Meanwhile, I looked at Stella. "Think you can help me set up my room?" Stella nodded as she went to grab the crib when I saw Hermann walk over. "So, is this our little guest for the night?" I then looked up at him and smiled. "Yeah. What this is it anyways?" Hermann then looked at the time. "It's already 6. So, supper should be ready."

Lee Henry then walked over. "That's exactly what I am coming to tell people." He then looked at Stella. "Hi Lieutenant." Stella smiled when he said that. "And don't forget it kid. Make sure I get the hot stuff. Officers eat first." I agreed with her. "Uhm, yes please." She then turned to look at me. "Uhm, you aren't an officer." I then laughed when she siad that. "Didn't you get the new Firehouse 51 manual from when Matt was still chief? He changed the list of officers. The Paramedic-in-Chief is now included in the list of Firehouse Officers. They are listed above the Lieutenants since they are the head of an entire division. So, you are less senior than me."

I then turned to look at Hermann. "By the way, did I mention April 10th? We need that day off because we have appointments." Hermann then shook his head. "What's happening that day?" I then sighed. "Shots, checkups and cancer screenings." Stella then looked at me. "No, you aren't,..." I then shook my head. "No, it's the yearly checkup. Yearly mamogram." Hermann then looked at me. "I will give you the days off. I know what it's like to go to appointments. I know that Matt is going to want to be there." I nodded and agreed. "Listen, I need to feed this little guy. Can you guys just get me a plate set up? Tell Matt to bring it to me in here while I feed him."

Hermann nodded and agreed. "Just to let you know, I'm okay if you want to just work the day shifts for now Gabby. I know you've been under a lot of pressure recently. Between moving, Matt's stint as Chief and stuff. Plus, your diagnosis...if you want to work days, you can stay the night with Matt." I nodded and smiled when he said that. "Thanks Chief. I'd really appreciate that. I am just trying to get through some stuff. Then I promise, I will be back. Thanks for being so understanding." Hermann smiled and nodded when I said that. "We are all on your side Gabby." That's when I heard Matt come back from saying goodnight to the kids.

"What are we talking about?"