Chapter 462

Matt's POV: After Gabby called Erin (like she asked us to), I smiled when she put me on speakerphone so that I could talk to Erin and Jay too. I hoped to talk to him about how his recovery from his gun shot last month was going. Kissing Gabby's shoulder as I got close to her, I decided to whisper to her quickly. "We shoulder invite them to Molly's tonight. He needs to get out just as much as I do I think." Gabby then turned to look at me. "Yeah, because a bar is a great place for a pregnant woman to spend her night." 

Answering the phone, Erin laughed when Gabby said that. "Not that we can even come to Molly's. Last time I checked, Molly's was over 30 hours away from here." That's when I remembered that Jay and Erin were in Seattle. "How was the drive to Seattle and how long are you guys staying?" That's when I heard Jay speak up. "We are going to stay another couple weeks. My birthday is next weekend so, we are going to celebrate it here with Will and Natalie. Then, we are going to be back in Chicago for good."

I smiled when he said that. "What, Seattle too cold for you?" Jay disagreed when I said that. "No, it's because I am not travelling when Erin is in her last trimester. That's why we need to be back by the end of the month. We are not spending her third trimester here in Seattle." That's when I heard Natalie. "And exactly why not?" Jay then spoke to her. "First, say hi to Matt and Gabby. Second, it's because I need to get the nursery set up. I didn't do it yet with all the craziness at work and stuff."

Natalie seemed to be happy to hear I was on the phone. "Hey Matt, sorry the chief thing didn't work out." I laughed. "Just needed more time with the family. It's not my time yet. But listen, we are just calling to check on Jay. How is he?" Natalie smiled when I asked that. "I am just coming to change his bandages so, maybe he can call you back when that's done?" Jay then groaned. "Shut up Jay. Either let me do it or I get Will. And he does it much rougher than me remember?" Jay then seemingly got scared when she said that.

"Fine, just get it over with." Natalie laughed. "They'll call you back in a minute okay Matt?" I agreed. "Sure thing. Talk soon." Hanging up, I smiled at Gabby and just moved to hold her. "We'll talk to them when they call us back. But right now...what do you say we do this?" I then moved to kiss her softly and smiled as I held her hand. Moving to cuddle up to me a bit more, I smiled as we both kissed each other slowly in bed, enjoying this private time we had with each other.

NOTE: Sorry, I know this one was short. I promise though that I am going to write some long ones. However, (like I promised last chapter) I am going to check in with Jay and Erin in Seattle for a bit now okay? I know that this is a Dawsey story but...I like Linstead and I am going to include them. Thanks for understanding and I hope you continue enjoying my latest Dawsey/One Chicago Story.