Chapter 437

Matt's POV: After arriving at home with the truck, I smiled as I looked at everybody. "Don't worry about the hoses. Just stay there. Except for Kidd. We both know he's going to want to sit there. So, I am going to sit there while Gabby will sit in my seat. Can you go sit in Ambo? I will drive if required and meet you at the fire." She agreed and nodded. "Good idea." Going to get out, I smiled when I saw Gabby. "Make sure you have your stuff. If we get a call, Kidd is going to ride in Ambo. I'll drive the truck to the fire after we give the kids back to my mom. You ride with us."

Gabby agreed and nodded when I said that. I then smiled as I went to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers as we prepared to walk over to the door to get the kids. "Want to pretend like we got a call to the house?" Gabby then bit her lip and laughed. "Got, that would be funny. Yes please, I need to see the kids laugh." I agreed and smiled as I went to knock on the door. "Just open it." I then agreed and went to unlock the door and yelled out for Matteo. "Matteo!" That's when I heard him come running over to me. "Papa!" I then smiled as I bent down.

"So, I heard that somebody wanted to come sit in a firetruck." Matteo then stared at me and started to jump up and down. "Papa, please." I nodded and smiled at him. "I don't know. I don't see you wearing your firefighter jacket. And you need to wear that to go get in the truck." He then nodded and ran away to go get his jacket. Meanwhile, I got up and looked at my mom. Walking over to me, she smiled. "You had to wear it all?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Hey, I am playing with my kids on shift. I am going all out to take advantage of this time."

She agreed and smiled. "I would've driven them." I smiled and nodded. "Maybe you still can. Gabby, what do you think we give them a ride to the house? Then, they can leave when we have a fire or the kids need to sleep. I am positive that they all want to see the kids." Gabby smiled and agreed. "Nancy, can you get the stuff ready and meet us at the firehouse with the van? That's what we are going to do. Give them a ride to the house. You meet us there. I mena, only if we don't get a call." I then looked at Gabby. "It safe to just hold the kids in our laps?"

Gabby then looked at me and nodded. "Matt, you aren't going to go fast." I then bit my lip. "Seriously?" I then nodded. "C'mon, he wants the fulle xperience. Plus, I am sure everybody wants to see the kids again." Gabby sighed and agreed with me. "Whatever. But if they get hurt, you are sleeping in the bunkroom and I get your office." I laughed. "Yeah, then I'll sneak in and want to cuddle with you and you won't be able to resist." She then sighed and looked at me when she saw Matteo. "Just shut up because I know it's true." I nodded and smiled. 

"Mom, see you at the house?" She nodded and smiled when I said that. Walking out with Matteo, I went to pick him up and smiled. "This is your future truck buddy. You going to be a firefighter like daddy?" Matteo nodded as he looked at me, smiling as I carried him towards the truck. Looking at Stella, I smiled at her. "Listen, Gabby is getting in with us. I am driving. She's in the back with one of the kids. One of you guys have to hold the other. Gallo, I trust you the most. You are the one I personally brought on here." He agreed and nodded, going to grab Ella.

Getting in the driver's seat with Matteo, I smiled at him and went to kiss his head. "You ready to go to the firehouse little man?" He smiled and nodded as I went to close the door. I then looked at Gabby and smiled. "Deep breaths, I am not going to go that fast." She then laughed. "You are going to run the reds at least aren't you?" I smirked and nodded. "Hey, it's hard to break in this thing." We all agreed and nodded. "When we're back Lee Henry...you are doing more drills. I am not parking in the garage when we are going to get the lights going." He agreed and nodded.

"Who knows, maybe I can beat your time again?" Going to drive away while holding Matteo in my lap, I heard everybody laugh. "Did I just hear a whole bunch of firefighters begging me to do ladder drills on the aerial? Last time I checked, that was the hardest part in full gear." Everybody then shut up and Gabby laughed. "You guys are such wooses. By the way Matt, I am going to do it someday. Need to show our little girl here that mommies can be firefighters too." I agreed and nodded while driving back to the firehouse with our kids in our laps, ready for some fun.

NOTE TO READERS: I want your feedback on an idea. What do you guys think of me bringing Matt & Gabby's kids to the firehouse more? Think that his mom should watch them at the house instead? Give me feedback because I aim to please. By the way, thanks again for reading.