April 16, 2022

Matt's POV: As I stand in the shower of my new Chicago home after shift, I smile as I rinse off after a long night full of rain. The reason I am smiling? It's because last night I was able to see the kids every couple hours rather than only if they were awake. I was able to come home after every call now that we lived down the street from the firehouse. And that's the exact reason I am taking a shower at home. Well that and the fact that I am not alone in the shower anymore. Turning around to look at Gabby as she opened the shower, door...I smiled and just looked at her. "Hey, hope I didn't wake you up?" Gabby then shook her head and smiled while stepping close to me. Wrapping her arms around my neck, she kissed me softly. "Don't worry."

I smiled when she did that before moving closer to her and pushing her against the wall of the shower. Picking her up in my arms, I smirked as I went to put my hands on her hips while kissing her slowly. Moving her hands to my chest, I could tell that Gabby was enjoying this. "Please tell me that we can have time alone today. I hope today isn't easter." Gabby then shook her head when I said that. Moving my lips to her neck, I smirked because that meant only one thing. We had time to be alone and boy was I glad. We have been working a lot recently and we just needed some time together. Since quitting the firehouse, Gabby re-started at Molly's. Meanwhile, Stella is back at the firehouse instead of OFI to be paramedic while pregnant.

"I talked to my mom. She is going to take care of the kids today. Between moving and stuff, we haven't had a day off in a while. I already pumped last night and she has plenty of milk. We can just stay in bed today. But if they come in, we are going to cuddle with them. Other than that, we have no plans. So I am yours in bed." I smiled when she said that and moved to kiss her softly. "That sounds perfect. Nothing like having some alone time with my girl. By the way, how was Molly's last night?" Gabby then looked at me. "How did you know?" I then laughed. "Gabby, we live down the street from the firehouse. You don't think I check every once and a while."

Gabby then looked at me. "You stopped in last night and didn't text me?" I nodded. "Hey, I love seeing my kids after some hard calls." That's when I realized that I didn't want to say that. "Hey, what type of hard calls. Talk to me babe." I then sighed while setting her down. I then went to step close to her before grabbing her hands and intertwining our fingers. "One of my calls dealt with a family home. 3 kids. 2 boys and a girl, probably the same age as our kids." Gabby then stepped close and went to wrap her arms around me...knowing that call really hit close to home. "Hey, we are okay. I promise Matt, we are safe." I nodded and agreed with her while holding her close. Wrapping her arms around me, Gabby kissed my chest while holding me in her arms.

I then teared up a bit, the first time I did this in a while. I then decided that I really just wanted to lay down right now but, I still had to wash up. "Think we can just go rest in bed after this? I am not sure if I am ready to get up yet. I just need some time to rest with my girl. I just got here and I am tired." Gabby nodded and agreed with me before leaning up to kiss me softly. "Hermann give you a pass on that report?" I nodded. "Yeah, I told him it hit too close to home. He understood and said that I didn't have to worry about it. He would get Severide to do it instead." Gabby smiled when I said that before moving to kiss me softly. "Listen, get out and come to bed."

I nodded and agreed with her. "We going to fall back asleep or are we just staying awake?" Gabby then looked at me. "What's the difference?" I then smiled. "Boxers versus sweats." Gabby then smiled. "I might sleep a bit more with your arms around me until the kids are awake. Or, I might kiss you to make you feel better." Giving me a quick kiss, Gabby then went to rub my chest so that she could wash me. "But right now, I need to wash you." I nodded and agreed with her as I just looked into her eyes while we held each other close. "You know I love you like crazy right?" Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "Oh, I know. And just moving here helps a lot."

I smiled when she said that. "Oh it does, how so?" Gabby then stopped washing my chest before wrapping my arms around my waist. "I find I'm a lot more relaxed here. Being able to see the truck come and go from our room is really relaxing. Means I know you are safe. If I see the Truck and don't get a call from Severide...it means that you are safe at the firehouse without any problems." I smiled when she said that. "Well, lucky I found this house when I did. I am going to do whatever helps to keep you relaxed, safe and calm. Now listen, as much as would love to stay here...I am a little tired after a late night call. So even if we don't sleep, I would love to cuddle."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me, giving me one last kiss before smiling. "Just boxers okay? I want to cuddle but, I want skin-to-skin time." I nodded and agreed with her. "Okay, just let me wash us up and then we can go." She smiled and nodded when I said that, kissing me again as we both held each other close and just took our time in the shower that morning.

Captain Casey Season 4: Back on Truckजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें