Chapter 438

Matt's POV:
After driving the truck back to the house with Matteo in my lap, I smiled when I saw Hermann there waiting for us. Getting out with Matteo, I smiled as I went to put my hand out for him to grab. "Thought I'd let him sit in the truck here. That way, my men can drill at the same time." Hermann nodded when I said that. "Good idea." He then bent down and smiled at Matteo. "Hey bud, you remember me?" I then looked at Matteo. "It's Hermann buddy. He's chief now because daddy is captain again. He took my job so I could be home with you more."

He smiled when I said that. "Tank you." I smiled and went to kiss his forehead when I got up and looked at Gabby and then other kids. Looking at Gallo, I smiled as I went to reach out for my little girl. "Hand her over Gallo. My little girl is not getting close to any boys yet." Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded. "Oh no she isn't. Listen Matt, I am going to take him and relieve myself. Sorry I am still not done that." I agreed and nodded. "You do realize you have the pump in my office right? You can bring it to your PIC office." Gabby then shook her head. "Nope."

Gabby then looked at Hermann. "Do you mind taking 61 out of service so I can feed her? I know it's a lot to ask but...I am a working mom and it's not yet controlled." He nodded and agreed. "Of course Gabby. However, I would love to talk to your mom Matt. Haven't seen her since your promotion ceremony. I think I was there at your academy graduation. I was there to tell you that you were joining our house." I agreed and laughed. "You told both me and Andy at the same time." Matteo then looked up at me. "Papa, who's Andy?" Everybody then turned to look at him.

Turning to look at Hermann, I smiled. "Chief, can you watch him for a minute? I am going to take the jacket off and then I am going to do something I should've done a while back. Me and Gabby are going to show the kids some pictures of their namesakes." Hermann then looked at me. "Wait until she's done pumping okay? Then you can do it together as a family." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that before smiling as I went to take off my jacket. "Guys, aerial up. I want to show Matteo what I can do." They nodded and smiled.

I then looked at Matteo and smiled. "Lee Henry, you are going to practice climbing with somebody else behind you. You've done it alone but...you need to practice not kicking somebody in the face." That's when I heard Severide come out. "You mean like when Andy did that to you?" He then smiled at Matteo. "Hey Matteo, you remember uncle Severide?" He nodded and smiled when he said that. "Here Hermann, you have more work to do than me. I'm already done. Let me have the guy and I can explain what's happening while you work."

Hermann nodded and agreed with him as he went to walk inside. Severide then went to pick Matteo up and smiled at me. "Matteo, watch daddy okay?" He nodded while looking at me. I then went to get Lee Henry go first. "Go and don't kick me in the fact. I don't want to have to interupt Gabby to give me first aid." That's when I heard Sylvie come out. "Here, pass my nephew to me. You may be his cool uncle but, I am his real aunt. Hey bud, want to come see aunt Sylvie?" He then shook his head. "No, uncy Sevide." Severide smiled at Sylvie.

Severide then turned to look at Sylvie. "Looks like I'm his favorite." I then laughed when he said that. "Yeah, because you are here at work. Just wait until he's at their place. Then he's gaga over Antonio. By the way Sylvie, he coming for supper still? I know you're still..." Sylvie nodded. "Yeah. He's coming later. Matteo staying?" I nodded. "My mom will be here soon. But you can get Ella from Gallo." Gallo then walked over to Sylvie. "Here, I would rather not have my chief mad at me if I hurt his daughter or let her fall in love with me. No thank you." I laughed when he said that.

"Matteo, you watching?" He then nodded as I went to do some drills with the boys, running up and down the ladder. When (of course), a call had to come in. "Matteo, daddy will be back okay?" I then went to slide down the ladder and looked at Hermann. "Hermann, tell Gabby. Unless you are coming to the call?" That's when I saw my mom run over. "Here, give me my grandkids. Matt, stay safe and I have the kids. Where's Gabby?" I then smiled. "My office. See you in a bit guys." Matteo then waved as Stella went to drive away to our fire. Severide then left too.

Hermann's POV:
Once Matt left on a call with Truck 81, I looked at his mom and laughed. "Of course, right when we're slow and he wants to bring his kids here...it starts getting busy." She laughed and smiled. "Hi, I'm Nancy...you must be his replacement." I nodded. "Yeah, Chief Hermann. I'm also Gabby's partner at the bar they own." She then nodded and remembered. "Right, from when we had that party." I nodded and smiled. "C'mon, I'll take you inside to Gabby. You can hang out while I work." She agreed and smiled as I went to bring her as well as they Casey kids inside.