Chapter 451

Matt's POV: When Severide asked me whether Matteo was okay, I nodded to get him to relax. Here at 51, we are family of course so...when one of our kids get hurt or are sick, we are all concerned for each other's well being. I then looked at Gabby and went to ask her. "Am I okay to fill them in on what's happening?" She nodded. "Yeah, it's going to get out eventually. Might as well fill him in." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "Okay listen up everybody, me and Gabby need to talk to you about something regarding Matteo."

Everybody then turned to look at me, obviously concerned. "Relax, he's fine." Gabby then went to continue. "We just believe that he has uhm...mental health issues like me. You know how I have to breathe a lot and get overwhelmed?" Everybody nodded when she said that. "Well, me and Matt believe that Matteo is suffering with something similar to what I am going through. We are going to get him diagnosed properly so that we can get him started on a course of treatment. We are not sure what that's going to look like yet but, just don't worry about him."

Sylvie then looked at Gabby and went to grab her hand. "We are here with you eh? Me and Antonio can do whatever you need to help you through this." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Believe me, I know that Sylvie. What you can't do is take away his suffering. God, that's what I hate about mental health issues, you never know what they are going through. It's even harder for me. Being someone with mental health issues...I feel so bad that I can't help him through this. Being his mom, I already feel hopeless. But, I just feel worse in this case."

I then went to grab her hand and rubbed it. "Hey, that's not true. Gabby, you know that you are doing everything you can right?" Gabby nodded and looked at me. "We can talk more when we are home and resting in bed. Sorry but, I did not sleep that good last night." I laughed when she said that. "It'll be better when we are sleeping in our bed this morning. Speaking of which, we should probably eat up so that we can get going. After all, we need to make a stop on the way home." Sylvie laughed. "And honestly, I need to go too. I still pump so..."

Gabby nodded and understood when she said that. "God, the things we do for our babies. It's either I have to bring Gabriel in to the firehouse or...I have to pump. Honestly, I don't mind the pumping though. That way, I can just feed him with that the next day. And eventually, we are going to have enough so that we can start leaving him home with Matt's mom during shift." I smiled when she said that. "Slow down Gabby when it comes to that. However, we need to get going. So, eat up so that we are still able to slip into the house and get in bed."

Gabby laughed when I said that becuase she just got a text. 'Matteo's awake. Hurry please.' I then went to see and nodded. "Tell her to put him in our bed, we are going to relax there anyways." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. Kissing her forehead softly, I smiled as we both went to eat breakfast together so that we could head home and see our other kids.