Chapter 463

Meanwhile, in Seattle with Jay and Erin:
Jay's POV: As I sat in the guest bedroom with Erin, Olivia and Lucky...I sighed as Natalie changed my dressing that covered my wound. "You interupted a good conversation we were having by the way." Natalie then looked at me. "Oh shut up. I am doing this free of charge. You want to go back to Chicago where you have to pay a nurse to do this?" I then laughed when she said that. "Like Maggie wouldn't do it for us for free." Natalie then sighed. "You are probably right. How is she anyways?" I smiled when she asked. "She's great. Honestly, you can't even tell that she had Cancer a couple years ago. She looks great." Natalie nodded when I said that. "I like hearing that. I need to talk to her more though. And when your guy is born, I need to visit her."

I nodded and agreed with you. "She told you how sad she was when you left right?" Natalie nodded and smiled at me. "Yes Jay, we still talk on a daily basis. Relax okay? If you move, this will hurt a lot more and you will need more pain meds. And you might even need to be benched from the gym even longer." I laughed when she said that. "The doctor said I can't do weights. They didn't say anything about situps. Anyways, Olivia loves it when I do situps with her on my knees. I am not going to stop doing that anytime soon because she loves it too much." Natalie smiled and agreed with me, well aware of what Olivia likes. "We all know that Jay. Honestly, I am so glad you are here. I missed watching you play with Olivia. She's adorable and fun."

That's when I heard Will come downstairs. "Hey, I am just letting you know that I am leaving for shift. You okay?" I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, go ahead man. And tell them I am going to come in once. I want to meet the doctors who are going to be working alongside my brother on a daily basis." Will smiled when I said that. "As long as you don't say anything stupid about my time in Chicago. Don't need you screwing this up for me." I nodded and understood. He was also very stressed right now so, I wasn't going to say anything else. Right now, he just needed me to play the role of supportive brother. "By the way, am I going to be able to see the sights while I am here? I want to go see the Tacoma Dome and the Space Needle."

Natalie thought about it and nodded. "I don't see why not, I mean...not like you can do anything else. Just take it easy until you are cleared. And maybe take a shower next time I have to change your dressings. I will do it after shift tonight so, stay up until I am back. When I am home, take it off and hop in the shower. Then, we can do it when you are done." I nodded and agreed. "Of course Natalie. Sorry and have a good shift. Owen being taken care of by his grandmother or do you need us to watch him? If you do, can you ask him to play down here. I am not getting up because I am comfortable here. Oh and I need to work on cases from afar." Will nodded.

"He is at his grandmother's place. He would've bothered you too much to play with Lucky so, we brought him there. Now listen, we need to get going okay? We'll be back later. Willow will be at the daycare so, don't worry about her." Erin then shook her head. "Non sense, we can take care of an 8 month old as well as an 11 month old. Will, if I can take care of an 11 month old at the same time as your brother...you don't think it'll be easy?" I then turned to look at her. "Hey!" Will laughed when she said that. "Guys, we have her on a schedule. We are not changing it. Now listen, we are going to work. Have fun and don't hurt yourself." We both agreed.

"Have a good day guys and go save some lives." We all agreed when I said that when they walked away, leaving the door open. Erin then went to cuddle up to me again and smiled as I wrapped my arm around her. "We need to call Matt and Gabby back now." Erin agreed with me and smiled while wrapping her arms around me. Grabbing my iPad, I went to call Matt and Gabby back. This time, I called them on FaceTime so that we could see how big their kids were now. Answering right away, Gabby smiled at me. "Of course, you're shirtless." I laughed when she said that. "Oh shut up Gabby, last time I checked...you stared at me sometimes."

Matt then looked at her. "Say what now? Gabby, do you check Jay out sometimes?" Gabby then shook her head. "Why, you jealous?" Matt right away made it clear that he is not jealous. "No, because I know you are mine. But still, he is married to...." I then laughed. "To Hank Voight's daughter. You really think I have my eyes on anybody but my wife. Seriously man, stop being jealous. You have 3 kids with the woman! I think the jealousy part of your marriage needs to be retired." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Yes please, sorry Matt but...it's not attractive. Now, onto the reason we are calling. How are you Jay? And you too Erin?"

Erin then looked at me. "You first, you're the one that got shot." I nodded and agreed with her. "Well, I am getting better. It went straight through and didn't do any damage. So, it's basically just healing. It's also about mental health. I told Hank that I am going to stay until my PTSD is gone. I am sorry but, it's just gotten worse since this has happened. God, I am scared and I am not ready to go back to the place where it happened." Erin agreed with me when I said that. "Listen, if you don't want to talk about this Jay, we don't have to." 

I looked at Matt when he said that and nodded. "Yeah, I think we need to talk about something else. Just give me a minute though okay?" I then sighed as I went to get up for a minute so that I could get a drink of water. Erin however was a bit concerned. "Guys, I will talk to him. Just stay on the line."

Narrator's POV: Matt and Gabby both nodded when Erin said that. Meanwhile, Erin got up and went to walk over to Jay who was currently standing in the ensuite bathroom attached to their bedroom. Rubbing his back as she walked in, Erin was concerned about her husband.

"Jay, talk to me babe. I am here for you." Turning around to look at her, I nodded and sighed. "I am just a little scared. I am scared to wake up and hit your stomach." Erin then stepped close to me and nodded as she wrapped her arms around me. Kissing me softly, she sighed and went to rub my cheek. "Listen, just sit in bed. I am going to lay down on your chest and Olivia will be right next to us like she is right now. Just relax Jay, you are okay and so are we."

I nodded and agreed with her as I went to get back in bed with her so we could continue our conversation with Matt and Gabby. "Sorry about that. Just needed a minute." Getting in bed, I went to wrap my arm around Erin after she got in before me. Cuddling up to me again, I felt Erin put her hand on my abs and head on my chest. I then rubbed her back and smiled while kissing her forehead. "So, how's the weather there in Chicago?" Matt laughed when I said that. "Probably just as cold and wet as it is there in Seattle. I hate these types of springs." I nodded and agreed with him.

I then decided to ask Gabby about how Antonio was. We were currently on a reduced caseload even though we were working from Seattle. I wanted to make sure that he wasn't overwhelmed with work because that might lead to him drinking again. "Just curious Gabby, when was the last time you talked to Antonio? Did he seem stressed? I just don't want him to get too stressed because he is taking on our work. I would hate to be the reason for him to break his sobriety."

Gabby stared at me when I said that, seemingly starting to get worried.