Chapter 454

Matt's POV: After making my way up to our bedroom, I smiled when I went to get undressed since that was what I needed to do to make sure I was able to get Gabby in my arms as fast as possible. However, what I expect to be time with us being intimate in bed just turned into something different based the fact that Gabby wasn't waiting for me in bed. Instead, she was laying down in bed...already fast asleep. I then smiled when I saw that because no matter how much I wanted to just take Gabby in my arms, I would always prefer she slept enough.

Setting all of my clothes down at the end of the bed and putting my phone down on it's charger, I then went to slip into bed with Gabby. Quietly getting in, I then rolled over to make sure the baby monitor was on when I felt Gabby roll over in bed. "I'm awake." I then sighed when I turned the baby monitor on before rolling over and getting close to her. "You sure you are awake because you can be? Gabby, if you need sleep...then you take a nap with me right here. Sleep in my arms if you want." Gabby then sighed. "But, this is our first alone time in a while."

Moving close to her, I nodded and then went to lean over her. Kissing her softly, I smiled at her. "And all I need right now is for you to be health. Gabby, if you are tired...you know it will just lead you to getting overwhelmed later in the day. So please babe, just rest if you need to rest. I don't want you to be tired later when we have all the kids here. Right now, we just have Gabriel here. And he is fast asleep in his crib downstairs. But, when Ella and Matteo get here...we aren't going to be able to take rest if you need it." Gabby sighed when I said that and nodded.

I then went to push a strand of her hair. "Unless the reason you are awake is about something you need to talk to me about?" Gabby then nodded and sighed. "I am starting to have doubts again about the whole working mom thing. I am just freeking out. I keep thinking about Matteo. I feel bad sticking him on other people since he has what I have. I mean, I feel like a horrible parent when I do that." I sighed when she said that because that is not something I want to hear. "Gabby, you are not a terrible parent. You are the best mom in the entire world."

Gabby laughed when I said that. "You're biased." I nodded and agreed. "So what if I'm biased, that doesn't make what I said any less true. Gabby just lay down on my chest and listen to what I have to say okay?" She agreed and nodded while cuddling up to me under the covers. Wrapping my arm around her, I held her close and kissed her forehead softly. "Gabby, we both know that you don't have it easy in life. You know that I am talking about." Gabby then nodded and sighed. "But for you to do everything you do for the kids while also dealing with that..."

Gabby then looked up at me. "I couldn't be prouder to call you the mother of our children. Gabby, you are a great mom and, if anybody tells you otherwise...you call me and I will set them straight!" Gabby smiled when I said that. "You have always been my biggest defender when it comes to people bullying me." I nodded and agreed with her. "And that is never going to change. It's called loving you and being your husband. Gabby, remember that I am always on your side. I am so sorry for you not having felt that way for the past month. I know it was hard."

Gabby then looked up at me. "How did you know I felt that way?" I then sighed. "I could just see it in your eyes. You hated it when I took other people's sides at the firehouse as chief. It made me feel horrible and was torture. To see me hurting you on a daily basis for just doing my job was the worst feeling in the world. It was one of the main reasons why I resisgned as Chief. To me, being your husband is much more important than any job. If it was going to put my marriage at risk, I had to stop doing that job. That was my reason for quitting, the real reason."

Looking into my eyes, Gabby decided to move onto my chest. Feeling her lay down on top of me, I smiled as I went to wrap my arms around her while she put her hands on the top of my chest. Leaning her forehead against mine, she moved to kiss me softly while I held her close. I decided to take this time to make sure she knew that she was the most important woman in the world to me. And I knew that even though she was tired, there was only one way I could do that properly. Running my hand up her back, I went to unclip her bra. Nodding her head, Gabby smiled.

Taking off her bra, I then went to roll over on top of her and set the bra on my side of the bed. Feeling Gabby wrap her arms around my neck, I smiled as I put my hand on her hip and then kissed her slowly. This is exactly what we both needed right now. Just time together as husband and wife, having fun in bed while the kids are away with my mom. And boy was I having fun. There was nothing more enjoyable to me than taking Gabby in my arms, getting her undressed and making love to her while we were alone and in bed together. This is all I need in life.

Well, maybe not all I need in life. But this and the kids are definitely high up on the list when it comes to what I find essential in life. Now, back to what I was doing instead of thinking about this. My wife is currently in my arms, naked and all mine. And boy was I glad she was all mine. She was gorgeous and this feeling I was having was incredible. "I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that and then whispered to me. "I love you too Matt. Now shut up and give me pleasure." I laughed and agreed with her, continuign to give her exactly what she wants right now...me.