Chapter 453

Matt's POV: After driving Sylvie home and dropping her off, I smiled since me and Gabby were now home and standing in foyer of our home. Hanging my jacket up after Gabby, I smiled as she stood in front of me. Feeling me right behind her, Gabby turned around and looked at me. Smiling at me as I put my hands on her butt, Gabby stepped close to me before going to kiss me softly. She then whispered to me and smiled. "Finally, a bit of quiet time without any interruptions. I didn't see the van here." I smiled when she said that. "That might mean..."

Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "You called her and asked her to take the kids to her place this morning didn't you?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, you had a hard night last night full of emotions. You need time to just rest in bed with me. I know you want the kids but...it's just for a couple hours. We are here at 8. They'll be back for lunch. Hope that's okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Can you take care of him for a bit while you do your reports? I am going to take a bath if I have the opportunity. Just get a chance to let my tight muscles get all loose and relaxed."

I looked down at Gabriel and smiled. "I already did them last night. I got up in the middle of the night when you kicked me off the bed remember? Decided to go sit in the common room and just get them all done. So now, I don't need to do them." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Well, I am glad you did that. Gives me a bit of time with you file he sleeps. Maybe sexy time." I smirked when she said that. "You thinking about it? We have until lunch. So..noon." Gabby then smiled when I said that. "Put your laptop in your office. Then put Gabriel in bed. I will be upstairs."

I smirked when she said that before going to rush upstairs so that we could have a bit of time together before the kids get home. Originally we were just going to relax and talk. But there was no way I would ever pass up the opportunity to take my beautiful wife in my arms and give her a bit of time with me. Walking over to my office, I smiled as I went to set my laptop down on my desk. Plugging it in, I went to set it up for when I need to use it later. (I knew I would have to at some point). I then walked back over to Gabriel who was still in his car seat.

Moving his car seat closer to the door, I bent down and smiled at him while picking him up. "Hey buddy, you ready to take a nice nap in bed?" I then went to kiss his cheek and smiled at him. Holding close as I looked at him, I could tell he was tired and walked to sleep in his bed for a while. He always wakes up when the bell rings so...he stays tired for a while. Not that I am complaing considering that gives me time with Gabby. Grabbing the cooler, I went to carry it to the kitchen before getting the bottles out. Washing them with one hand, I smiled at him.

"You know, you are pretty adorable when you just relax like that, eh buddy?" Gabriel then cuddled up to me as I kissed his head and went to set him down on the counter. "Just one minute buddy." Taking my time to wash the bottles, I went to put them on the drying rack and then smiled when I went to pick him up again. Having finished downstairs, I was now on my way upstairs where I wanted to be. This was going to be a nice way to spend our first time alone together in a couple days. Spending a little bit of time in bed together.

Slowly carrying Gabriel upstairs (and grabbing his diaper bag), I went to kiss his head quickly to make sure he knows he is safe. I always worry whether he gets scared when I carry him upstairs. I mean, he is going up in the air and he can get hurt if he falls. Heck, I am more scared than him but still...even though I am his dad, I still like to provide all of my kids with reassurance that they are always safe with me. Both when it comes to protection and when it comes to being able to talk to me. I will always be there for them, that is guaranteed.

Walking onto the second floor, I then went into the nursery and smiled when I went to set Gabriel down so that I could get him changed. I thought that it was right to do it since I didn't want him to cry before we were done. If he was changed, then he would be comfortable while he slept. And he would co-operate when it comes to giving me and Gabby some time alone in bed. Let's hope my plan works. Getting him undressed, I went to grab a new diaper and tickled him a bit. He smiled when I did that and I knew that he liked that. "You like that eh bud?" 

He then smiled while I went to get him changed. Putting the dirty diaper in the garbage next to the changing table in his room, I smiled as I saw it was fresh. My mom must've taken it out recently and I was glad she did. That meant I didn't have to take it out and head back downstairs when the place where I really wanted to be was upstairs in bed with Gabby. Grabbing the new PJ Gabby must've picked out for me, I went to put it on before zipping him up. I then smiled while picking him up in my arms again. Kissing his head, I carried him to bed.

"There we go buddy, time to take a nice morning nap." Laying him down in his crib, I went to turn on the white noise machine on and went to cover him up with his blanket. Taking a quick moment to admire how adorable he was, I then went to shut off the lights in his room while walking out of the door. Gently closing it, I then went to grab my bag again before making my way upstiars to bed where Gabby was waiting for me so that we could get in bed together.