Chapter 455

Matt's POV: After spending the past 45 minutes giving Gabby exactly what she needed from me, we were now just sitting up in bed with each other and Gabriel since he woke up for a feeding. Hoping that we could continue, we decided not to get dressed. Either that or we could just enjoy a bit of time like this with nothing but the sheets on top of us. Kissing her forehead as I watched Gabby feed Gabriel, I smiled at her. "You look much more relaxed after that." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Is it wrong for me not to want the kids to be here today?" I smiled.

"Honestly, I was thinking the same thing but...we need to see them eventually. We still have another 2 hours before they are here so, we have some time. I want to have lunch ready when my mom gets here because she's going to want some lunch. She can stay until the kids have to take their afternoon naps." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Sometimes, I wish the time in between our shifts were longer. More like 72 hours instead of 48 hours." I nodded and agreed with her. "Well, there is always that option where we do 24 hour shifts over 48 hours."

Gabby then put her hand on my chest, rubbing it while looking at Gabriel. "Is it wrong that I am really starting to consider it again?" I shook my head. "It's just...would the kids understand? Thati s what's so hard about this decision. Can we make them understand why we have to work 2 days in a row." Gabby then looked at me. "It's not that different than what their friends' parents do. I mean, we could always ask your mom to join us for supper around 6. If we start our shifts at 7 every morning...then it can work out better." I nodded and thought about it.

I then went to rub Gabriel's head and sighed. "Honestly, I stil think I prefer the 24 hour shift. Sylvie said she prefers that and it is just so much of a hastle having to ask Antonio and Sylvie for them to switch. I refuse to do shifts where you are not on with Sylvie. Sorry but...for my sake, I need you and Sylvie to be partnered. Plus, Hermann already said you can do say shifts." Gabby agreed when I said that. "So, I would just work half a shift?" I nodded and agreed. "Honestly, I think for now...that's the best answer. You can come home at night."

Gabby then looked up at me. "I wish there was a way we could get you to come home." I then sighed. "Well, there is one more way for that to happen. The place down the street from the firehouse is for sale. It's a nice place from what I've seen online. I am pretty sure I can convince Hermann to let us both stay there with the kids during our shifts. Then, our moms just has to watch them during calls." Gabby then thought about it. "And it might also give you reassurance if you decide to take time off. You can see me be safe. And the kids can come all the time."

Gabby agreed with me and smiled. "How about you call a real estate agent? Maybe we can work on buying that place and moving there pretty fast." I agreed and laughed when she said that. "Listen, let's just wait. We have a lot going on already." Gabby then shook her head. "What if the house is purchased." I then understood and nodded. "I guess you are right. LIsten, I am going to take a shower. I think we both know that we are done." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "Go shower, you stink. I am going to bring up the house. I want to look at it." I nodded.

"I'll wait until he's done. I want to wash this gorgeous body one more time before the kids get home." Running my finger up her body (over the sheets), I smirked as I looked at Gabby. I then went to kiss her softly and smiled as we both held each other close in bed. "I am going to miss this house if we move though. This was Gabriel and Ella's first Chicago home." I nodded and agreed. "I know, me too. But in the end...I think this will be a better idea for our families." Gabby agreed and smiled as we both just laid down there together, ready to make another change.