Chapter 436

Matt's POV: After making my way to Hermann's office to talk to him about me possibly driving by my place to see Matteo...I saw he was in there and quite busy with some paperwork. Knocking on the door, I sighed. "This a bad time?" Hermann then looked at up me and shook his head. "No, it's perfect time. You can help me with some of the sheets I have questions about." I laughed when he said that before going to sit down and seeing what he was working on.

Going to grab them, I saw they were time sheets for employees. "I wondered where these ended up. They weren't in my office when I came back. These are for us to fill out, the captains. The time in a fire each firefighter completed." Hermann then looked up at me. "Oh, then you can take those back. Guess I brought them here from your office." I nodded and agreed as I went to grab them. "So, you liking being at the top right now?" Hermann laughed. "I am still learning."

I agreed with him. "Believe me, it was hard to learn. It's why I quit. How was the Chief meeting last week? Just a whole bunch of drunk men talking?" Hermann then looked at me. "How did you know about that?" I laughed. "Hermann, did you forget that I was just chief? I know when all your meetings are for the next month." He laughed when I said that and nodded. "Any tips?" I smiled. "Stay away from Firehouse 1. Cocky SOAB, just a few years older than me."

He nodded and agreed. "Now, you are not going to be in here for just any reason when I know you want to be with Gabby. So come out and say it Captain. What exactly do I owe the pleasure?" I sighed. "I've been wanting to do this for a while, like even when I was chief...think I could bring the truck by my place? Matteo has been wanting to see it. I did it once when he was here but.." Hermann then laughed. "You just miss the little guy don't you?" I shrugged. "Maybe."

Hermann then smiled at me. "Listen, you just promise me you keep the radio on and I will let you take the truck out. Anyways, your place is on the way to and from the yard. Go fill up." I agreed and nodded. "Oh, can I take the PIC with me? I know Matteo said he just wants to see me but, I know Gabby wouldn't mind seeing the kids too. They are all home and she's still hormonal." Hermann laughed. "Go ahead. You staying here overnight?" I nodded. "Yeah."

He agreed. "If that ever changes, let me know. I will have to tell Lee Henry to change to 24 over 48. I am not going to let him be here without you. However, I am going to start offering the same shift schedule to Severide just to let you know. So, if he takes it...you need to be here on the same schedule." I agreed and nodded. "Now, does Gabby take the ambo or does she ride in the truck with me?" Hermann then bit his lip. "She can take the ambo. Go tell her to restock."

I agreed. "And can I let him sit in it for a bit and play or do I just drive by?" Hermann then sighed. "Just do what you think you can do. Leave when you have a call. You don't live far away anyways." I agreed and nodded. "Thanks chief, you're the best." I then smiled as I went to walk away. That's when I saw Gabby walk up to me. "Get in Ambo 61 and come with us." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to grab her jacket as well as Sylvie to go.

I then walked over to the common room and looked at everybody. "Truck 81, we're going for a ride." They then all looked at me. "Where?" I then smiled. "Matteo wants to see the truck. So, I am going to go home for a minute to see my kids. I already okay'd it with Chief. Sylvie, you're coming too. Gabby wants to watch Matteo on the truck." She agreed and smiled as we all got up. I then smiled at Gabby as she got me my stuff. Going to grab it from her, I smiled as we walked out. "You be safe on the way there." She agreed and smiled.

"I am going to go in quick. Need anything?" I then smiled. "Just a few kisses from my kids." She agreed and smiled when I said that. "Can you call my mom? Tell her that I am on my way. Don't tell Matteo. I need to figure out what we can do. No aerial, just sitting in the truck. Might do quick ride around the block." She agreed and smiled as she went to get in Ambo. Meanwhile, I went to get in the front seat of Truck 81. Waiting for everybody to get in, I smiled as I held my jacket close. Turning to look at Kydd, she smiled at me. "Just curious, my job safe when Matteo's 18?"

I laughed when she said that. "Not a chance. The minute he makes Lieutenant...he's on my Truck as my Lieutenant." She agreed and nodded before going to pull out of the firehouse. "Guys, just to let you know...you are going to hear the bells go off. He is going to want to hit buttons." They all agreed and smiled, ready to watch me let Matteo sit in the truck. That's when I realized that I needed to let the other two sit in here for the first time.

Going to grab my radio, I spoke to Gabby. "Hey Gabby?"  Gabby then replied. "Go ahead Captain." I smiled. "We are going to get the other kids in here while we are there. Neither Ella nor Gabriel have ever sat in their daddy's truck. So, they are going to do it too." Gabby agreed with me on that. "Oh definitely. See you at the house. I'll update your mom when I call her." I agreed and smiled when she said that, ready to see Matteo's face when he gets to sit in the truck.