Chapter 434

Meanwhile with Jay & Erin as Erin stands at the door to his room:
Erin's POV:
As I watch the nurses rip open Jay's nice shirt I bought for him, I sigh when I see that he has another bullet wound on him. It's pretty close to his heart and I am so scared. That's when I heard Gabby walk over to me. "Erin, what happened?" I then turned to look at her and went to hug her. "We were on a scene. Gun fight, it went up and over his vest." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Wait, how is Antonio? Is he okay?" That's when Antonio ran in to see her. "Sis."

Gabby then turned to look at him. "You okay, you get shot?" Antonio then shook his head. "What are you doing here?" Gabby then looked at me. "Matt had to get a test done. Poison substance." Antonio nodded and looked at her. "Erin, how is he?" I then went to hug him when I started to see Jay wake up. "Er." I then went to put my hand on his chest and looked at him. "Hey, it's okay Jay. Just relax and stay still. You got shot and it went into your vest. Don't move too much."

Jay then looked at me and put his hand on my stomach. "Just breathe okay? We don't need you going into preterm labor with Jayson when I can't be in the OR with you." I then nodded as I went to kiss him softly. "Just relax okay? You want me to call your brother and Natalie?" Jay then thought about it and nodded. "Yeah, I want them to know." I agreed and went to grab my phone when Gabby stopped me. "Hey, no. Let me. You stay with Jay. I've been in your position. Stay."

I nodded and agreed as Gabby walked away to tell Will and Natalie. I then looked at Jay and sighed. That's when I heard Hank come into the room. "Sorry guys, CPD is here. That and I am his father-in-law." Dr. Crockett then nodded as he looked at Hank. "Of course, we all know your relationship is special." That's when Lucky got up and went to growl at him. "Down girl." Jay just laughed. "Oh, that hurt." I then shook my head. "Hank, you are giving us time off after this."

Hank nodded when I said that and went to hug me. "Hey, come here. I got you." I then turned around in his arms and just held him close. Meanwhile, Gabby came back with her phone. "Hey, it's Will. I got him. He wants to talk to you and Jay." I then nodded, letting go of Hank so that I could talk to Will.

Phone Conversation:
Erin: Hey Will.
Will: You there with Jay in the ER? Which doctor is with him? Can you put me on speaker?
Erin: Hey, of course. I will put you on speaker.
Will: Jay, how are you man? What doctor is treating you?
Dr. Choi: Dr. Crockett, I am going to take over this case okay? I am a veteran like Jay.

Dr. Crocket: Of course Dr. Choi, go ahead. (Walks away to go back to ER)
Dr. Choi: Hey Will, it's Ethan. I am going to treat your brother okay?
Will: Sure thing. Ethan, can you tell me where it hit him? Is it close to his previous bullet?
Ethan: Yeah, it's pretty close. Probably didn't hit an artery because he doesn't seem to be bleeding. However, it doesn't look like it went through. (Checks back for hole)
Will: Erin, is someone there with you?
Erin: Yeah, Hank is here.

Will: Hank, can you please stay with her. Jay is going to need surgery. He did last time.
Hank: There is nowhere I would rather be.
Will: Jay, I am going to be on the next flight. I don't care what you say. I am coming. Ethan, don't you dare kill my brother in the OR! He has a son on the way.
Erin: Thanks for getting that in my head Will. (Hangs up, upset)

Jay then turned to look at everybody. "Guys, since I am going to surgery...can you get it ready? I want a minute with Erin first." Everybody nodded and agreed, leaving the room so that me and Jay could have a minute alone.

Jay's POV:
Once me and Erin were alone, I looked at her and grabbed her hand. "Hey, listen to me. I am going to be fine. This isn't the first time I've been shot." Erin the sighed when I said that. I then went to take off my watch and looked at her. I then sighed and went to take off my wedding band. "Babe, what are you doing?" I then looked at her. "I can't wear it in the machine because it's metal. And then, I am going right to the OR. I promise, I am going to put it back on after."

I then went to grab her neck. "Erin, I love you and I love Olivia. Never forget that." Erin then looked at me. "Jay, don't say that. You are going to be fine." I nodded and agreed with her. "I just have to say it in case Erin. It's a bullet." Erin then sighed and looked at me, scared. "You are lucky that I love you." Erin then got up and looked at me before walking out to Dr. Choi. "You make sure that my husband comes back to me. Or else, I am going to make your life hell."

I then sighed when she did that. That's when I saw Hank come in. "Hank, I just have to say this and don't be mad at me. It's a bullet so I have to say it. Don't be mad at me." Hank then grabbed my hand and knew what I meant. "Take care of my girls in case..." Hank nodded and went to kiss my forehead. "You are going to be fine Halstead. But, I know you are scared. I know you are just saying this because you are worried about the possibilities. Don't think that way."

I then looked at him. "Keep her calm, make her breathe. I am not going to be the cause of us loosing our son. Did Erin tell you the name?" Hank then shook his head. "It's Jayson. With a y. So like Jay's son." Hank smiled when I said that. "And you are going to meet him. Dr. Choi is not going to let you go. He is your brother-in-arms. And he also knows he is a dead man if he causes my daughter to loose the father of her children." Dr. Choi nodded and agreed.

"Guys...it's time. Erin, you can walk with us to the elevator." Erin nodded and agreed as she grabbed my hand while they wheeled me out to the elevators. After making our way to the elevators, Erin went to kiss me softly. "See you later." I nodded and agreed, kissing her softly one last time before heading up to surgery with Dr. Choi.