Chapter 446

Matt's POV: After walking out of the hospital with Gabby, I sighed as we both walked up to the Tesla. I was about to talk to her when Antonio joined us. "You okay sis?" I then turned to look at her. "I was about to ask the same. I think it's best I just take care of this Antonio. This is not really something I want you to get too involved in." Antonio nodded and agreed as he went to hug Gabby. "Have a good rest of your day." Gabby nodded and agreed with him. "Thanks, you too."

Antonio then patted me on the back and smiled before walking away. Looking at Gabby, I then went to grab her hands and intertwined our fingers. "You okay?" Gabby then sighed as she brought me close. "I just hate being labeled as the one with mental health issues. I am not mad at you. It's just...I guess it's hard to be seen as different." I then sighed when she said that before going to push a strand of hair behind her ear. Kissing her softly, I held her close. "I love you."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly again. "I love you too and as much as I would like to just stay here with you all day...we need to get back to the firehouse Captain Casey." I smiled when she said that. "You know, I have really missed that title. I mean, don't get me wrong...I loved Chief Casey. I just really don't think I was ready at all." Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "I understand. And you weren't ready. We could both see that."

I then sighed when she said that before wrapping my arms around her. Holding her close, I went to kiss her when I heard Hermann speak to me over the Radio. "Chief Hermann to Capt. Casey."  Looking at Gabby, I pulled back and went to answer. "Go ahead Chief." Hermann then spoke to me again. "I need you back before traffic begins please. It's going to snow today." I agreed. "We are on our way. We are in the hospital parking lot about to get in Tesla."

"About that, you need to give me info on where you got it. I might use my chief bonus to get one." I laughed when he said that. "Sure thing, now can I go so that we are on time." I then went to let Gabby go and gave her the keys. "You sure?" I nodded. "Go ahead Gabby. I am sure Hermann is going to keep calling me for a bit." She laughed and agreed as we both got into the car together. I then went to speak to Hermann. "Hermann, I am back on Call. We can meet."

Hermann vetoed that. "I am not going to recognize your Tesla. You are not on call until you are back at the firehouse. Anyways, your Truck is currently out with Capt. Severide and Squad." I then looked at Gabby. "Then where are they? I can go join you guys." Hermann then (relunctantly) agreed. "We are at McCormick Place. Car fire." I agreed with him. "Gabby, can you drive me there? Then you can head back to the house?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she got in the car.

I then went to speak to Hermann on the way there. "We are on our way Chief." He agreed as Gabby drove me to the scene of our latest fire.