☆︰22

❝ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❞ 

— 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

-ˏˋ ⠀chapter 22: paranoid⠀ ˊˎ-

There was a story circulating around these days that Alisa was spotted with the captain of the Nekoma volleyball team. When you watched Alisa's Instagram story, you could see that she snapped a photo of the Tokyo Tower.

This, of course, concerned you. Who would want their boyfriend to be seen with another woman? Furthermore, this might be the reason Kuroo has become distant from you. Was he just using you to avoid feeling lonely while Alisa is away?

You phoned him because you couldn't settle yourself. You were disappointed because he was not responding. When you call him before, he will welcome you with 'Hey, chibi-chan'a is gone?' in a single second.

After a few tries, he finally answered. "Thank God, you answ-"

When he welcomed you with a furious voice, he didn't even let you finish your statement "Stop calling me [Y/n] for fucks sake! You're bothering me; I'm in the middle of a game and have to pause since you're calling me! Do you realize we're in the midst of a practice match versus Fukurodani? You're really irritating."

You were taken aback; no one had ever yelled at you before. This is also the first time Kuroo has yelled at you; you've never seen him so enraged.

You were ready to apologize when he resumed his harsh tone of voice "Don't even bother apologizing. Nothing will change since you have already ruined the mood."

"All I wanted to do was-" For the second time, he didn't even wait for you to complete before cutting you off.

You gradually became aware of what had occurred, asking yourself, "Did he really just do that?"

He really did, didn't he?

When Kuroo returned home from practice, he was expecting you in the living room, as you usually did when you waited for him after practice. You weren't there, much to his surprise. He entered the bedroom you both shared, puzzled, and saw you sleeping soundly.

He groaned and entered the bathroom, where the water began to flow minutes later. Kuroo layed alongside you after showering, without bothering to glance at you and facing the opposite direction.

Kuroo had no idea you were awake, since tears that had dried on your cheeks were apparent. You were expecting him to apologize, but he never did, making your heart hurt. You sobbed yourself to sleep quietly because you didn't want him to wake up.

-ˏˋ ⠀♡⠀ ˊˎ-

When you awoke the next morning, there were no signs of Kuroo. Today was a wonderful day since it was your birthday. Oh, how time flies; it seems like only yesterday you were celebrating with your mother, but today you're going to rejoice with anime characters.

When it came to your mother, you missed her. Even though it was wonderful to live here, you can never replace your home.

You stepped out of the bedroom, expecting to be greeted with birthday decorations in the living room and a cheerful Kuroo Tetsurou. You laughed at the image of Kuroo dressed up in a party hat.

But all of it was based on your expectations, as you were met by an empty living room and no trace of Kuroo.

"What a wonderful moment to be alive." When you gaze up at the ceiling, you realize that everything you envisioned previously is what's causing your pain right now. "But I'm also the reason I'm unhappy; I anticipated things to go wrong. Pathetic," You gave a sorrowful grin.

You saw a letter on the kitchen counter and went over to see what it said. It was a note from Kuroo, who was ecstatic that he had left you a note.

Hello, [Y/n]. We have a practice today, so I may be late getting home; don't even attempt to contact me today. I don't want to go through what occurred yesterday again. That's all I had to say; if you're hungry, go out and get some food.

- Tetsurou

You were moved to tears by the little message. "You don't have practice today since it's Sunday. And how could you possibly have forgotten my birthday?"

You sat on the sofa since you lacked the energy to go out. "Perhaps he's planning a surprise for me? Yes, it may be the reason." You did your hardest to keep things positive, but you know Kuroo isn't a lover of surprises.

You were suddenly weary, too sluggish to accomplish anything, and too numb to feel anything. You returned to your bedroom and fell asleep without having eaten breakfast.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

" 𝐖𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎 "

" 𝐖𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎 "

またね